Archived A new TM with a question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I'm a new TM and new to retail work in general. I had orientation the other day and it was very thorough, but slightly overwhelming! I have my first shift tomorrow and I just had a slight freak out when I realized I have no idea how get into the TM only area. My ETL-HR didn't say anything about it and I just realized I have no idea what the key code is...and just realized now that I can't clock in if I can't get in HAHA. Anywho, I'm assuming I can just ask someone when I get to the store, but I don't like making assumptions...so I thought I'd ask my dumb question here before I make myself look like an idiot tomorrow.

I should probably mention that I tend to be an overachiever....which is why I'm currently studying all of my employee handbooks and TM information right now. (I know, I'm a nerd, but I can't help it. It's the only way to quench my unnecessary nerves!! :wacko: )

You mean the code to open a door? It depends on your store, but I think it should be your store number. Don't feel stupid, just ask another TM or TL. They'll understand.

To punch in the time clock and use the register you need your TM number.

Yes, the code to open a door :) I also don't know my store number, even after looking through all of my information from orientation and all over the web lol.

I have my TM # memorized now (I got it less than 24 hrs ago), so thank you for telling me I also need it for the registers!

Key code:
It depends on your store, if its non-business hours and you are in a store with a electronic entry to TMSC, it should be your store number. T-****. The number should be in your documentation. Or some stores just have a door bell and then they you buzz-in.

During business hours, you are to enter the front doors. And enter TMSC from inside.

Be sure to have your TM tag (if you have one) or documentation, so they know you are new.

Last edited:
At my store, the door code used to be our address. Then they changed it to the last 4 of our phone number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back