Archived A team lead that reads "the break room" website!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today was interesting in the sense that a team lead struck up a conversation with me. I'm just seasonal so most of the long term employees didn't really accept me at first, but I work as hard as I can even though I don't know the store as well as others. Today a team lead was making idle chit chat while we were zoning the health and beauty section and the topic of the break room website came up. I mentioned how I found this place when I was applying and the funniest post was about how STL was god, and ETL was god's representative on earth etc. I think there were like 26 lines or something about it, but the team lead had also seen it and apparently reads the stuff on this forum. I'm hoping to stay on after the seasonal because the people are pretty fun to work with and unloading the truck is great exercise. I'm a fatty so I can definitely use the work out.

:( I'm fairly new to this site and the retail life in general. I enjoy my job but I can understand why a national corporation would monitor a site like this. I do hope the store I work at keeps me around after the holidays.

:( I'm fairly new to this site and the retail life in general. I enjoy my job but I can understand why a national corporation would monitor a site like this. I do hope the store I work at keeps me around after the holidays.

Because of the information posted on here, it tends to violate a few opsec policies.

Because of the information posted on here, it tends to violate a few opsec policies.

Oh for the love of..... this is Target, not the CIA.

There is essentially no information that any TM/TL or even ETL has access to that is of any real value. Let's get some perspective. By the time info hits the stores, corporate has already made the determination that it is not that important in the grand scheme, otherwise it never would have been allowed to hit the stores to begin with.

Hell, my store has a TL who told me on the side (once he found out I wasn't an angel in my past either...) that he robbed a pizza store and did time for it prior to working at Target. I myself got rehired after smashing the face of a Best Buy employee and they never found out about it until someone snitched after I was hired. Clearly, Target doesn't do any serious research in to people. If we "slipped through the cracks" so easily, do you honestly think there aren't TMs/TL's and even ETLs on the payroll who would easily be the kind of people willing to tell everyone anything they are told?

My point is, in order for an organization to "keep secrets", everyone in the organization has to be extensively screened and researched to see if they would talk or not. Target doesn't do any kind of real investigation to see if the people they hire at stores are the kind to keep secrets; therefore, once something hits the store level, corporate has to make the determination that it would not be super damaging for the information to leak outside of Target... because I promise you, it will.

Now, at corporate level it is an entirely different story. If you, for example, are being hired for an IT job at corporate and will have access to server passwords, login credentials, etc. you can bet your ass they are going to do an extensive investigation in to you and your character. Now, a TM stocking shelves who the most "internal" info he has access to is that Spot in Red Magazine is dressing up in elf shoes this christmas? Nah.

As a general rule we try to keep anonymous because there have been cases of people being harassed for posting here.

I'm not sure what they were looking for but Spot did use their lawyers to grab most of the contents of this site and even redirect everyone to their website.

Do you have to worry about one TL?
Probably not, but I'd keep my head down if you want to be carried past Christmas.

Yes it is....Clods In Action....or is it Cheap Idiots Abound?

There is essentially no information that any TM/TL or even ETL has access to that is of any real value. Let's get some perspective. By the time info hits the stores, corporate has already made the determination that it is not that important in the grand scheme, otherwise it never would have been allowed to hit the stores to begin with.

Hell, my store has a TL who told me on the side (once he found out I wasn't an angel in my past either...) that he robbed a pizza store and did time for it prior to working at Target. I myself got rehired after smashing the face of a Best Buy employee and they never found out about it until someone snitched after I was hired. Clearly, Target doesn't do any serious research in to people. If we "slipped through the cracks" so easily, do you honestly think there aren't TMs/TL's and even ETLs on the payroll who would easily be the kind of people willing to tell everyone anything they are told?

My point is, in order for an organization to "keep secrets", everyone in the organization has to be extensively screened and researched to see if they would talk or not. Target doesn't do any kind of real investigation to see if the people they hire at stores are the kind to keep secrets; therefore, once something hits the store level, corporate has to make the determination that it would not be super damaging for the information to leak outside of Target... because I promise you, it will.

Now, at corporate level it is an entirely different story. If you, for example, are being hired for an IT job at corporate and will have access to server passwords, login credentials, etc. you can bet your ass they are going to do an extensive investigation in to you and your character. Now, a TM stocking shelves who the most "internal" info he has access to is that Spot in Red Magazine is dressing up in elf shoes this christmas? Nah.

No reason to give corporate ammo to fire you.

I enjoy the Target life, but I do have bigger plans. I'm a materials engineering major and I've learned not to talk about that to people because most folks don't understand what is happening on the atomic scale. I would like to stay after the holidays, but at the same time I needed a job so that I could get in state residency for tuition purposes so that was my real motivation. I just found out that I was picked for an internship at a local aerospace agency but I sorta like the retail thing. No one at my store knows who my parents are and I wouldn't ever bring it up, but it's nice to see what $10 an hour people are like. I still get surprised that people actually have been there for 8+ years. I didn't know that was possible but the ones I've spoken with seem happy.

I just found out that I was picked for an internship at a local aerospace agency but I sorta like the retail thing. No one at my store knows who my parents are and I wouldn't ever bring it up, but it's nice to see what $10 an hour people are like. I still get surprised that people actually have been there for 8+ years. I didn't know that was possible but the ones I've spoken with seem happy.

Yeh, no it's not rocket science but you'd be surprised the background many of the $10/hr folk have.
8+ yrs.....Possible? Try necessary.

I would caution you about letting anyone in your store know you post on this site. I probably shouldn't share this story because it's specific to my store, but I'll do it, anyway. About three months ago at a TL meeting an ETL mentioned this site and one of the TLs said something like "Yeah, I love that site. I'm on it all the time." He got fired three weeks later for an absolute BS reason. Just saying.

Lots o' peeps at my store will admit to visiting this site but ask how many POST on here & all you hear are crickets.

my TL is the one who turned me on to the site...and I've told a few people that I post. BUT I never, ever tell anybody my screen name and always say that if you figure it out don't a)take it personally, it is a venting and information site and b)never tell me you know who I am ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back