Archived AAR/Resale people

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sort of obsessive-compulsive when it comes to my store's AAR.
So much so that I keep a mental track and do the math as the night wears on, and we were at well over a 100% attachment rate . . . when two tax-exempt resale people came in and bought a ton of cameras, games, and iPads. With no accessories!

On one hand, I LOVE making the sale and bringing the money into our store, especially since sales have been on the lower-end. But it's also so frustrating to me, because I know that both mine and the store's scores are going to suffer.

I forgot to tag another question on here:

Today I sold a TV, with a dvd player, HDMI cord, 3 dvds, a karaoke machine, and a karaoke cd. Does anyone have any clue how this transaction figures into AAR?

For example, do the DVDs count as accessories for the TV? Or just the DVD player? Does the karaoke machine count as an accessory?

Basically, what I'm asking is, will this count as a single transaction (TV with 7 attachments) or multiple items with random attachments (ie. TV with HDMI, DVD player with DVDs, karaoke machine with karaoke CD)?

Okay, can I get some clarification on one thing?

What are the resale people and why are they tax-exempt?

At our store, we have about 4 groups of resellers who come in to buy our core items, especially those that come with gift cards without buying attachments. They would then use the gift card on the next item, so on and so on. Our STL got fed up with them buying us out and not buying attachments. Since we can technically limit items (particularly sale items) he said if they were willing to buy attachments with each item, than they could buy as many as they want. If not, 1 per person , per transaction, per day. We've stayed firm with this for the last three years or so. Of course they pi$$ and moan and want to speak to the manager, but we give them heads up and they back us up every time.
I forgot to tag another question on here:

Today I sold a TV, with a dvd player, HDMI cord, 3 dvds, a karaoke machine, and a karaoke cd. Does anyone have any clue how this transaction figures into AAR?

For example, do the DVDs count as accessories for the TV? Or just the DVD player? Does the karaoke machine count as an accessory?

Basically, what I'm asking is, will this count as a single transaction (TV with 7 attachments) or multiple items with random attachments (ie. TV with HDMI, DVD player with DVDs, karaoke machine with karaoke CD)?
As far as I know, since the TV and DVD player are separate core components that are tracked separately, the dvds and HDMI cord would most likely count towards the dvd player. I don't believe the karaoke machine is technically an attachment (could be?) since some are stand alone machines. There is a list somewhere on workbench or MySupport that used to be available that showed which Dept, Class items would count towards each core item. Granted, items change so much, that this list most likely wouldn't be accurate anymore.

There is a report on My Performance that has a report that tracks each core item and "official" attachments that are sold in each transaction. If you can get access to this report, you could see if the Karaoke machine would count or not.

We've been closely following that individual report, and it doesn't seem to be entirely accurate. We've discovered 5 transactions with qualifying accessories that didn't register on it already. My ETLs are chomping at the bit to use this report for coaching purposes, but we've been gathering concrete information that indicates that it's not completely on the up and up.

We had one but they knew up front they were going to get pushback (especially since they were buying every game system we had) so they said they would buy attachments right up front.

What's funny is that when accessory attachment report originally rolled out, the training stated that TM level info would not be available because there is no way to measure who is helping the guest get attachments and who is simply ringing up a transaction. I guess that since now we can drill down to see who is ringing up sales with attachments, all those cashiers that ring up guests with attachments must have been the ones on the floor suggestively selling all that stuff to them. The report is a decent indicator of tm attach rate, but it doesn't tell the whole story.

The Aar report has changed to madness. It makes no sense to me. If I grabbed a related item, I should get credit for it, but don't get credit, per the new system. Grrrrr..

Resalers are just that: they buy stuff that they will sell at their own store.
They are tax-exempt because they will be charging/paying tax on the items they sell.
No rules about what they bring back, tho.
We had women who bought cart-loads of domestics to use while showing open houses then bring it all back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back