Active Shooter Training

JustMeT

Fulfillment Expert
Has anyone done this training yet? I'm scheduled 45 mins next week for it and I was just curious how it went for people who have done it already.

Awhile back there was a casual discussion about it among TL and the rest of us. Apparently some kind of training was being considered as well as adding a new PA code (code blue?) as code brown is taken ...

There was people being sent for that training then all of a sudden they stopped and not everyone has taken it.

I've been told our ETLAP will be doing classroom training, similar to the bias training from a few weeks ago. No word yet when, though.

I have 2 exit doors near me. I will fight to save others from harm. I am the captain who might go down with ship. But show up as a survivor in the end. Bad guy will be down, if I get my baseball bat after them.
I have degreaser and it's gonna spray into their eyes
"Let's Roll!"
I want you two on my team!

I have actually been in an active shooter situation and I did not expect my own reaction. Plan the best you can but remember when it happens you may react differently than bravado while safe makes you believe. More likely than not herd mentality will kick in. You will attach to a large group and run like hell.

Last edited:
When we all realized what was happening yeah it was something else. Not really an experience I wish on anyone. Ever.

Last edited:
Back