Archived AD Prep Help asap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im starting ad prep tomorrow and i only got one day of training and list of instructions left are missing a lot of parts
does anyone know the step my step instructions to do ad prep?
i know you print the report and get signs ready
but what about scanning them?
what app do i use on pda?
and i know you press a number when doing the prep list on pda?
thanks!

Go on workbench, click Signing then click Promotional Signing. Step by step instructions should be there.

sort them in their folders,when you get to the the ones that have a POG number without an aisle location, scan the barcode. click the blue font color of the item at the top of the device, and it will go to a new page. scroll down and match the pog number on the ad sign to the one on the mydevice. if it's got an aisle location put all of that same pog number in that aisle's divider. if the pog number has no aisle location next to it, it has no location. which goes in the no location section of it's block

You young-ins have it good. I remember back when, we had to scan every single sign and sleeve it in those clear plastics, balloon it. And after words, for all the signs that we missed, we had to manually punch out the sign numbers to clear it off the report. I'm talking 5-20 pages. GOD DAMNNNN

Sorry this post didn't help. Just needed to rant

I wasn't around for sleeves, but I do remember scanning. I was probably the one person in my store who didn't hate scanning the signs during takedown. We actually have a lot more expired signs being missed since we stopped scanning.

@Sushi2Go Good God I do not miss those days!!!! Forget it if the team didn't return the correct sign holders to the correct bins making it even more difficult to sort them all out ...

You young-ins have it good. I remember back when, we had to scan every single sign and sleeve it in those clear plastics, balloon it. And after words, for all the signs that we missed, we had to manually punch out the sign numbers to clear it off the report. I'm talking 5-20 pages. GOD DAMNNNN

Sorry this post didn't help. Just needed to rant
The good ol' days. Lol.

Follow the best Practice on workbench, it breaks it down almost 100%. The job locations on the pda just go under Nop and scan the sign, match the schematics and mark the aisle number and section on the back. The ones that are not ties I keep aside until they are tied. I have a list of the sales planners pog numbers that I keep nearby and I separate that from the revisions and reset pogs. At the end of the week I spend time putting the current locations on all revisions and reset so we have those aisles signed for the ad. My store is bad about setting revisions and pogs late or at the last minute. Also keep your electronics and MMB revisions aside for the electronics team (ask how your electronics team member). Also the third box will have the Tune In Tuesday sales signs in the last pack, check the dates, it is always dated for the following Tuesday.
I hate the report since we use the ipods, it is a pain to print all the signs they want you to print. The pda was much faster.

Last edited:
You don't even need to scan them anymore..
We only scan what doesn't have a lot written. If we set sales plans early or are a week ahead on pogs, we can get the signs up Sunday instead of pitching the signs and having ad not signed all week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back