Help

Alright guys I need some help.
I am running out of ideas on how to show appreciation to my team.
Everyday our huddles starts with a treat . I do recognition cards , get food once a month .
I also have a program where once a month each team member gets an extra day off or write their schedule for a week if attendance is perfect for 30 days.
I give shout outs by name .

How else would some of you would like for your leaders to show appreciation?

1. Take your team out for lunch nearby. Bringing food to the store isn't the same.

2. Send recognition to their house. Some may not like it but I feel it's more meaningful then just handing me a card.

3. Starbucks?

4. Home made treats

5. Uno reverse card. Oh you want me to push this uboat. Nah I'm using my reverse card, so my leader has to do it lol

We just had a bake off .
I like the number 5 . Both my tls are helping the team by taking their uboats backs and doing their trash . But I like the idea of uno reverse .
As for taking them out might be difficult since we are all overnight and most of my team has second jobs .
Thank you for your response .

Everyday our huddles starts with a treat . I do recognition cards , get food once a month .
I also have a program where once a month each team member gets an extra day off or write their schedule for a week if attendance is perfect for 30 days.

Not sure if anyone would agree with me, but it sounds like you are doing too much already, lol.

The best thing any boss can do for me is leave me alone. Buy I imagine overnight in receiving is a whole different vibe.

What are these huddles you speak of?

The things you do at your store is fantastic which I am sure the TMs appreciate.

What are these huddles you speak of?

The things you do at your store is fantastic which I am sure the TMs appreciate.
You know the ones that after the truck is done you all meet by otc and you give your team some treats and redbull or c4 skittles flavor 😂
and give some shout outs and let the the team recognize themself , talk about their families and how is school and how their kids are doing
Who are the next 3 tm to go on vacation
talking about how their contribution and hard work is seen by the sales the store is making .
Giving feedback to their leaders
Letting everyone know that if they need support outside of work I as a leader will be there to help in any way I can .
If they have any question or concerns etc
That kind of huddle

Not sure if anyone would agree with me, but it sounds like you are doing too much already, lol.

The best thing any boss can do for me is leave me alone. Buy I imagine overnight in receiving is a whole different vibe.
The team is left alone . After truck we just have the huddle .during the huddle the leader let’s them know departments timelines and then start the wave routine .
The leaders gets their trash vehicles and the backstock tm comes and grabs the backstock and they move down the departments .
We’ve been doing the wave for a while now and the team know what they need to do without me going over to ask when things will be done . The routine is the same every night which keeps it simple
One leader will be with the team on the floor
One stay back in receiving
And I help push dollar spot my favorite area

Most stores would do this 10 or so years ago. Huddles are great but not when it's a daily thing. Once a week is ok.
Ohh I know I was there back then too. But the rollout does requires huddle everyday . And honestly is not about work everyday is more connecting and strengthening those relationship .
I also think BUS every week is too much but I got to do it .
And after I have mine with my leaders. Then I go to have mine with my Sd , after that is my peer Hr .

Sounds like you are doing great things for your team already! In addition to pretty regular pastries and doughnuts, we (the Backroom TLs) would give out Starbucks gift cards for $5 or $10 occasionally to our top performers for going above and beyond, like after Black Friday weekend or after a stress test. We would have candy in the backroom for the team on some holidays, and Gatorade or ice cream bars when hot weather hit and the backroom was like an oven. Everyone got a small gift during the holidays and a holiday card signed by the TLs. I tried to say a sincere thank you to everyone every day for their hard work in general or for any special projects they worked on.

I appreciate all your responses . I was wondering if there’s anything more I can do for my team . There’s people that don’t even know or realize the fact that the overnight team in our case is what keeps the store going . If my team was to walk out not one person on dayside would know how to do an unload let alone get to the pushing part.
I’m sure at other stores most dayside would know but in our case they would be crying and saying is to much work .

You know the ones that after the truck is done you all meet by otc and you give your team some treats and redbull or c4 skittles flavor 😂
and give some shout outs and let the the team recognize themself , talk about their families and how is school and how their kids are doing
Who are the next 3 tm to go on vacation
talking about how their contribution and hard work is seen by the sales the store is making .
Giving feedback to their leaders
Letting everyone know that if they need support outside of work I as a leader will be there to help in any way I can .
If they have any question or concerns etc
That kind of huddle
Wow! You are a great leader.

I will second the uno reverse card cuz I think that is funny and if I had time I wouldn't mind pushing a uboat and then freeing up a TM to zone/reshop/pull or whatever they would do instead. I know I wouldn't have the time to do so unfortunately. If your store is wave pushing though idk how that would work.

Are you a pilot store? When huddles started back up, it was suggested minimum of 1x per week per work center.

I like the cards sent home. Maybe a couple a week. My team definitely likes that, and you really can include everyone over time--even team members who struggle. It's a great time to give specific feedback which can be much more impactful than our team's work led to great sales. (One time, a kid's mom told him that he should keep his card because he wasn't likely to receive one anywhere else).

Hope huddles aren't making a comeback - usually felt like they were a waste of time, and I'd rather be getting my push done.
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is something that one of the TLs at my store will do. It's not often, which makes it more meaningful, and it's always on the QT. She'll ask if I have a favorite kind of candy bar or snack item and then requisition one for me. The best was a bag of Lindt dark chocolate.
Also, the TLs who run truck sent cards home just as 4th quarter was starting - it's still on my fridge door. It wasn't the Christmas card that gets passed around the table for everyone to sign - it was personal and mentioned things that they appreciate about me and how I do my job.
Maybe check with your Beauty team. There's usually a pile of samples in their back room area and you could make up little gift bags.

In addition to the verbal, public recognition and top performer cards + treats for all weekly; I LOVE to make a big deal out of birthdays. A card that I try to get people to all sign and a $10 GC inside (TMs don't contribute to the $, obviously). It shows them they're thought of beyond being just a TM at Target, they're a person and should be celebrated.

Back