Archived Ad Signs: expectation vs reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never have I seen the expectation one, we always put ours even with the label holder

When those sticky signs rolled out, the instruction was to cover the whole label. Is this new instructions on how to put the signs up?

From my experience, nobody has the patience or time to make sure ALL of the labels are that neat. We put them on straight and all, but we cover the whole label and move on.

Lol anyone who thinks it's going to be done the expected way is crazy. Would take way too much extra time. I always cover the whole label and keep going, been doing it that way over a year and never heard that I was doing it wrong.

Lol anyone who thinks it's going to be done the expected way is crazy. Would take way too much extra time. I always cover the whole label and keep going, been doing it that way over a year and never heard that I was doing it wrong.
I must be doing something right with Signing though, because I've got 4 6-am sunday shifts in a row. Either that or they're torturing me.

How many broken label strip holders does your pog team have to replace because people have broken them pulling off labels? Adhering them to the center does two things. It limits that stress on the strip holder and it allows the product name to be seen to ensure the sign is on the right product (seriously, I've seen an entire aisle with the wrong sign on the wrong product because they looked at the location not the DCPI). Third bonus is when revisions are done, you can actually see if the sign needs moved after the label strip is replaced.

The reality is, most of the ad signs are on the floor minutes after you leave the aisle anyway.

How many broken label strip holders does your pog team have to replace because people have broken them pulling off labels? Adhering them to the center does two things. It limits that stress on the strip holder and it allows the product name to be seen to ensure the sign is on the right product (seriously, I've seen an entire aisle with the wrong sign on the wrong product because they looked at the location not the DCPI). Third bonus is when revisions are done, you can actually see if the sign needs moved after the label strip is replaced.

The reality is, most of the ad signs are on the floor minutes after you leave the aisle anyway.

They are actually pretty easy to peel off. The store-created signs are the ones that are really hard to peel off and those are usually found on endcaps. So it's pretty much just the endcap's label holders that gets destroyed and thats not very often. I very seldom come by an aisle label holder that got destroyed. The endcaps's and the label holders for shelves holding beverages are the ones often destroyed but that's from stocking and not from peeling off the signs. I do the salesplanner so I also am the one to replace them on endcaps. It's not that hard to replace them so anyone assigned to a dept can replace them. Amd yes, others not on pog had replaced them in the store I work in.

And people really should practice reading the signs while setting them. For me, I would find the location first, then as I am peeling it and sticking them, that's when I compare the two last DPCIs. Then after sticking them, I would read. I handle Market's signing and been told to be pretty accurate.

Adset is a mindless task if you really let it.

PS.., the signs for frozen are also pretty hard to peel off, so I don't really press them.

Last edited:

Directions are too cover entire label. All the info is on the 3x3 sign.

I've yet to see holders broken recently from peeling signs. Originally maybe... but not now. Plus I've got a dozen cases of 3ft and 4ft holders. Most of our holders are crisp and tight. Older holders break more often from various things... when is the last time you replaced lots in a major set?

...when is the last time you replaced lots in a major set?

I was doing a revision in bakeware today that need 3 strips replaced because of broken ends. I tend to have to replace a lot more endcap ones, than inline, but the issue is still the same. The aisles that seem to need more inline strips replaced were in health/beauty and grocery. It's not a major thing, but it is annoying to have to do.

While there might be some verbiage somewhere that states putting the label all the way to the top; I've found that placing them at the top of the price point has improved these issues over all. I've instructed my team to do this. And when setting or doing revisions, this has been seen to improve both the need to fix/replace strips as well as make repositioning signage easier after a revision is done. It's not a major hassle to put the signs half an inch lower as many seem to believe.

I was doing a revision in bakeware today that need 3 strips replaced because of broken ends. I tend to have to replace a lot more endcap ones, than inline, but the issue is still the same. The aisles that seem to need more inline strips replaced were in health/beauty and grocery. It's not a major thing, but it is annoying to have to do.

While there might be some verbiage somewhere that states putting the label all the way to the top; I've found that placing them at the top of the price point has improved these issues over all. I've instructed my team to do this. And when setting or doing revisions, this has been seen to improve both the need to fix/replace strips as well as make repositioning signage easier after a revision is done. It's not a major hassle to put the signs half an inch lower as many seem to believe.

No, I don't think it would be a hassle. I still maintain that the old way would be faster. But that was not your point in opening this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back