Archived Adding a fill group for cafs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to create a fill group for "wine" that will actually pull in the autofills and scheduled cafs? I was going to my support it but thought I would get a quicker response here. Thanks

In the meantime, dropping a manual CAF might be a good place to start.

My GOL told me wine, beer and spirits won't ever come out on cafs. My guess is because it isn't in every store and is also a vendor item. We were told to do POG fills to fill it as we had been doing EXFs and it will fill based off sell through. The first few times we did it the Fills were huge with a good amount of back stock but it leveled out after the first week. We used to do them everyday but Sunday and it was super easy.

Since wine is a vendored product, there is no fill group, per se (if you try to sto it, it might come up as liqr or bev1/2), but since it's vendored, it shouldn't be located. Any backstock for it should remain in receiving. If holes need to be filled on the floor for a particular vendor product, just go to that vendor's designated backstock area/pallet and grab the item(s) you need to fill the floor; it does not need to be subt'd. If more needs to be sent to the shelf than the vendor is ordering, coordinate with your ETL-HL and/or CTL to make sure the vendor gets enough product shipped in to meet the stores demand.

In the two districts I have worked in all stores have back stocked alcohol in location. It is not treated the same as other vendors as there are no returns to the vendor nor do we typically get credits. Once the wine crosses into our building and we recv it we own it. The ctl or pa does the order with the vendor once a week.

Works the same at all the stores in my district that I've worked at, for wine and spirits, beer is left on pallets like soda at some backstocked at others.

Could just be my state, since our stores are only approved for wine <5%abv or something like that...it comes in with our beer shipments and is treated as such.

Could just be my state, since our stores are only approved for wine <5%abv or something like that...it comes in with our beer shipments and is treated as such.

Its a district thing... I think that most GOLs are starting to make the call to locate almost all vendor product (we have been receiving that direction) and I think it just depends on when your district is deciding to roll out the change to that!

I think (just my opinion mostly) that the reason for this isn't for pulling in CAFs or anything like that, but to hold the vendors accountable to a certain space! I have seen many stores with flats and pallets of liquor or pop pallets stretching across the entire line in receiving... forcing vendors and stores to locate all product means you can only have so much storage for the vendor and then it needs to stop! Sometimes vendors will take advantage of a store and keep too much product within the building when its not necessary and not beneficial to that store's operations...

In our store, (even though our wine vendors are in multiple times during the week) liquor and wine is backstocked, while beer is not located. Instocks drops EXF batches for wind and liquor, and the beer vendor stocks beer.

I guess I didn't know that Target even sold liquor. None in the 2 districts that I have worked in. Is it only certain states or am I just oblivious?!?!?!

If you're CTL is holding the wine vendors accountable you shouldn't have to pull wine. They shouldn't have alot of back stock and they should fill what they can before they order for the week.If you sell alot of wine they vendors should be there more than once a week. If they wasnt to make money they will be. We would do exfs on hard liquor when we did the order. Occasionally, especially during drinking holidays (4th of July, New Years) we would do exfs if necessaryon Fridays before and Monday after. We were also told it would never come out in CAFs as well. The person we talked to said it had to do with age and who was pulling and stocking.

You can't sell alcohol in some states? At Target. What is that, some kind of family-friendly-law or something? Here in my state we have beer, wine, and the hard stuff; it just can't be sold anywhere, by anyone, between 2AM and 6AM. But since we close at 11PM, it's not an issue. It's also why, not by coincidence, many liquor store hours are from 6AM to 2AM.

We used to only sell wine until we got PFresh, and then we started selling hard booze and beer.

If you're CTL is holding the wine vendors accountable you shouldn't have to pull wine. They shouldn't have alot of back stock and they should fill what they can before they order for the week.If you sell alot of wine they vendors should be there more than once a week. If they wasnt to make money they will be. We would do exfs on hard liquor when we did the order. Occasionally, especially during drinking holidays (4th of July, New Years) we would do exfs if necessaryon Fridays before and Monday after. We were also told it would never come out in CAFs as well. The person we talked to said it had to do with age and who was pulling and stocking.

That depends on the state as well... in our state beer vendors are allowed to take merchandise to the floor and stock it. However wine vendors can lose their license for doing that. They can however fill a cart in the stock room. And can rearrange stuff on the flooor. Sometimes they do stock the floor for us, but rarely.

We used to only sell wine until we got PFresh, and then we started selling hard booze and beer.

We backstock wine and sell beer and hard liquor. Back stocked wine will become overwhelming if your pfresh TL isn't watching the wine vendors.
Their sneaky and will over order if you don't watch em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back