Adding PTO to your Timecard

I know a few TMs that have over 100 hours of PTO that they are saving for whatever reason.

I always explain to them if you get let go those hours are not paid out.

However I thought that Target changed their policy in regards to how much PTO you can add.

I thought in the past you could only take add PTO to your AVERAGE HOURS but now I thought it was up to 40.

Does PTO count towards hitting overtime? Say I'm scheduled 36 hours and request 4 hours PTO for that week, will I need to make sure I don't hit OT?

Does PTO count towards hitting overtime? Say I'm scheduled 36 hours and request 4 hours PTO for that week, will I need to make sure I don't hit OT?

No. The amount of PTO actually paid to you will depend on how many hours you worked. If you ended up working 37 hours that week but submitted 4 hours PTO, you'd only get paid for 3 hours PTO.

I've had that happen a few times when I hadn't done my math right.

PTO payout is only guaranteed in some states and jurisdictions by law.
Anywhere else, those hours will be gone if you separate from the company.

Use your PTO, people!

No. The amount of PTO actually paid to you will depend on how many hours you worked. If you ended up working 37 hours that week but submitted 4 hours PTO, you'd only get paid for 3 hours PTO.

I'm in one of those states where paying out PTO upon separation is at the employer's discretion.
And thank you @SigningLady for clarifying this - I'm going to start putting in for a few hours here and there to use up some of what's banked. I'd rather use the money to pay off bills than have the time off and come back to find a disaster in my area. I'll save some for when family comes to visit and for a break after 4th quarter, but take the $$ otherwise.

When I did this and the total was over 40 it didn't add at all I believe.

I would just estimate what you want and subtract 0.5 hours.

How do you add PTO in the app?

I put in a request on a day I don't work and had to pick an imaginary start time and added 2.5 hours.

It hasn't been approved yet or do they wait until Monday before Noon?

How do you add PTO in the app?

I put in a request on a day I don't work and had to pick an imaginary start time and added 2.5 hours.

It hasn't been approved yet or do they wait until Monday before Noon?
At my store the HR ETL approves the requests some time after 10 a.m. (That's when we have to have our requests in.)
In the MyTime app, there's a "my requests" option in the menu. Choose "new request" and use any day of the week, pick a time, and add hours. I add hours to Saturday just because it's the last day of our work week, even though I always work on Saturdays. I don't think it really matters as long as you have the accrued hours and you don't go over 40 for hours worked plus PTO.
I've been doing this most weeks since mid-summer unless I've been close to 40 hours for the week. It's not that much extra in the paycheck, but it's helping me pay off bills so I'll take it.

My idiot HR ETL didn't add my PTO that I put requested the Wednesday BEFORE the cutoff of this past Monday.

So here is my question.

Will HR sit on any PTO request until the end of that pay period or just that week?

For example if I add 2.5 hours of PTO today will it be added or only until after this week ends.

PS On the plus side they added my Sick Pay the day I requested it since apparently my store doesn't have to approve it.

My idiot HR ETL didn't add my PTO that I put requested the Wednesday BEFORE the cutoff of this past Monday.

So here is my question.

Will HR sit on any PTO request until the end of that pay period or just that week?

For example if I add 2.5 hours of PTO today will it be added or only until after this week ends.

PS On the plus side they added my Sick Pay the day I requested it since apparently my store doesn't have to approve it.
I can't speak for how the new app works, but previously, my HR would do everything Monday before they submit payroll, just to make sure no one went over 40, etc.
Was your payday 10/27 or 11/3? If 11/3, it'll likely go through this Monday. If 10/27, that's a question for your HR, not us.

I can't speak for how the new app works, but previously, my HR would do everything Monday before they submit payroll, just to make sure no one went over 40, etc.
Was your payday 10/27 or 11/3? If 11/3, it'll likely go through this Monday. If 10/27, that's a question for your HR, not us.
10/27 was the pay date but it wasn't added. :(

I resubmitted it again for the next pay period.

I am glad that my Sick Pay doesn't go through my store. It was added the day I submitted it.

I added PTO off via the app a full week before the payroll deadline and it still wasn't added to the check I will get this week. I looked on the app and it's still sitting there in pending status. Infuriating. I shouldn't really have to check that HR is doing their job. Right?

I added PTO off via the app a full week before the payroll deadline and it still wasn't added to the check I will get this week. I looked on the app and it's still sitting there in pending status. Infuriating. I shouldn't really have to check that HR is doing their job. Right?
You would think the system would flag any request that is still pending after three days.

You would think the system would flag any request that is still pending after three days.
My PTO I submitted on 10/24 was finally added.

I think the reason it was added because I requested PTO for 10/31 too and my HR ETL did them both.

It's actually your ETL who should be taking care of it

Really? If it’s my ETL, then I’m not surprised. I checked my app again just now and it’s STILL pending…. 😞.

Back