Archived Adding Trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had several trucks added this month. But no added payroll.

I know the reality is that we just have eat this.

What I don't understand is why?

At most huddles, we are reminded ... Hours are tight because of the added trucks.

Who came up with this process that trucks can be added but no extra payroll?

The answer we get at the store ... Blank stares. Or they say ... It's just the way it is.

Well, why not eliminate all hours for trucks?

If they are consistently adding trucks and you did not just have inventory, then you have some allocation issues.

Your DTL or GOL (group operations lead) should be able to figure out why this is happening, and supply you with additional payroll to meet your needs.

If you are a team member, this info is essentially worthless. If you are an ETL, just call your DTL and tell him this is an issue and is negatively impacting both morale and process at your store.

If you are a team leader, I would first partner with your stl, and if you dont reach a resolution, email your gol.

Because Target is going down and will be KMart in 5 years. Cant wait to see it. T-Mart

My ETL added a truck this week saying it would make the other ones smaller

It didn't

Fuck him

The idea is that your planned out trucks will match your planned out sales. If your trucks are filling more quickly, it's because you have more sales. So if you have more sales, you have more flex to spend on adding a truck.

Except it's common to low ball a truck to save payroll. I'd much rather aim high and have to cancel, or micromanage the DC and tell them when to send, even if it's half full. It's a different kind of stress, but it's manageable if you've build a flexible team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back