Archived additional back ups to the lanes....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My GSAs/GSTLs call for backup more often if the STL is there. He's there pretty often, so we walk up and by the time we get there, they're already back at 1+1. Also, the person watching the lanes will go to the service desk and some overzealous cashier will push their button and we get there and they're either at 1+1 or there's another lane open that the guest(s) just didn't notice. So at my store we (salesfloor people) have become slow at responding because wolf has been cried too many times. We also have like 5 registers that don't work in some way. Pin pads not working, belts that don't move, lanes where only the handheld scanner work, etc etc. It's a pain. If I'm close, though, I'll look up and if it doesn't appear to be a b.s. call, I'll go. I don't like going for backup, but unfortunately backing up is just as much a part of the job as the zoning is.

It's similar at my store. My STL has an interesting tactic that seems to get the other TLs/ETLs to rush up to the lanes for backup. If someone calls for backup at the front, he's the first one on the walkie saying "I'll be right up there to help." As soon as they hear the STL every other leadership member is tripping over themselves to get to the front first. If the STL isn't in the store they just act like they didn't hear anything. It's amusing and sad at the same time.

Also, the person watching the lanes will go to the service desk and some overzealous cashier will push their button and we get there and they're either at 1+1 or there's another lane open that the guest(s) just didn't notice. So at my store we (salesfloor people) have become slow at responding because wolf has been cried too many times.

We wait for the GSTL to call for back-up. If they don't call it out after the button has been pushed, I ask if they need a back-up.

When I cashed, I would use the button because the GSTLs would wander off and not pay attention. I had one GSA in particular that would immediately cancel the back-up call but wouldn't speedweave even though my line was 1+6. Drove me out of my ****ing mind.

Also, the person watching the lanes will go to the service desk and some overzealous cashier will push their button and we get there and they're either at 1+1 or there's another lane open that the guest(s) just didn't notice. So at my store we (salesfloor people) have become slow at responding because wolf has been cried too many times.

We wait for the GSTL to call for back-up. If they don't call it out after the button has been pushed, I ask if they need a back-up.

When I cashed, I would use the button because the GSTLs would wander off and not pay attention. I had one GSA in particular that would immediately cancel the back-up call but wouldn't speedweave even though my line was 1+6. Drove me out of my ****ing mind.

Just keep hitting it and the LOD will come up and see your line, and that GSA will have their head bit off. (Depending on your LOD)

We rarely call for backup at my pharmacy because IF someone responds, by the time they do, we usually don't need them anymore. There are only a handful of people who are trained to backup and they're usually already backing up the front lanes (because they call 20 times a day). Over the weekend, I was walking past the front lanes and they called for backup. I looked at the lanes and there was seriously 1 lane with 1+2 and the 2 people had MAYBE 4 things @. NONE of the people had full carts, other than 1 person, who had NOBODY in line behind him! One day, we had a tech call off so we were short handed....we called for backup 5 times in the 8.5 hours I was there. Someone showed up ONCE <10 minutes....the only other time anyone showed up, it was about 10 minutes after we were frantically pushing the button and by that time, everyone had been taken care of.

Just keep hitting it and the LOD will come up and see your line, and that GSA will have their head bit off. (Depending on your LOD)

We had a seasonal TM a couple years ago who had a knack for button overdose, so they don't really care unless the GSTL actually calls for back-up.

We tell our cashiers to always press the button when in doubt, and then we follow that with calling out how many we need or don't need

We had a seasonal TM a couple years ago who had a knack for button overdose, so they don't really care unless the GSTL actually calls for back-up.

In that case tell your guests to take the survey if they want faster lines. Great way to stick a dagger in your GSTL/LOD's back.

Next week's huddle topic: "Guys our survey scores for checkout is fast are TERRIBLE! You all need to respond better, and hit the button when there is a backup!"

I called for back up Sunday Night and got told by the Lod point blank we have no one avalable we are working.on the fdc truck. Just weave then survey scores drop 6 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back