Archived Adele is seriously stressing me out

Status
Not open for further replies.
In small doses she's great. People react strongly to her powerful voice. Thats what makes her famous, I get it. But seriously someone COULD have considered the impact of forcing employees to listen to that over and over all day long. My body is reacting the same way as it does when hearing a child crying, only it's ALL DAY LONG. Yesterday I was seriously fantasizing about throwing a chair through the d@#m TVs! Even Annie wasn't this bad.

I feel your pain. I'd post a more coherent response but my own nerves are frayed by a motion activated something or other in toys that sounds like the offspring of chipmunk Alvin, r2/d2 with wierd tinklely music thrown in. If I decide to investigate I will be intent on destruction. Music may be unrelated or due to that jet fuel my husband calls coffee.

Yes, I remember beging someone to get the friggin fire extinguisher and put that girl out of her misery, lol.

12142015_175012456175523_27522390_n.jpg

I feel your pain. I'd post a more coherent response but my own nerves are frayed by a motion activated something or other in toys that sounds like the offspring of chipmunk Alvin, r2/d2 with wierd tinklely music thrown in. If I decide to investigate I will be intent on destruction. Music may be unrelated or due to that jet fuel my husband calls coffee.
Oh man, I was there and witnessed the day that robot died! It was as if someone slapped its head with force causing it to comically spin around only it caused its sound to stay on and and kept spinning in the same direction. Well, after 5 minutes of that, I hear a loud snap and it goes silent forever! I guess even it couldn't stand its own noise and offed itself! Joyous day!

Adele has an OK voice. Take away autotune and it's average IMHO. Although I'm not a fan, Lady GaGa has a GREAT voice. Much better than Adele when you take away the 'hold the pitch' autotune technology.

Sex and the City-the damn camel cell phone scene. It was on the previews for like a year and a half. Four revisions of the video previews.

The Rue whistle was super creepy after the store got quiet at night though....

This made me laugh. I LOVE Adele, but listening to that "muzak" is unbelievably depressing!

When it comes to this type of music, Dido is the queen. She shits all over Adele. And yeah you're right. It is overkill and Target does play their part in it(exclusive Adele CD with extra songs only at Target). The loop that they have on in electronics on every TV is annoying. They should have Christmas movies on or live sports on the TVs.

Its not just Adele, its any song/tune they constantly play on those tvs that makes me cringe. I dont know how target mobile/electronics stays sane listening to the same thing over and over. That C9 commercial especially makes me want to rip my hair out ha

Being on the front end as a GSA now, I don't have to deal with it. Until seeing this, I would have said it couldn't get any worse than Annie but you may be right here. I can't imagine having to listen to Adele all day long.

When I worked at the bookstore and had to listen to the same music over and over, it became my task to rewrite the lyrics to keep me sane.
That might work for you.
See what you can come up with that will make you laugh instead of cringe.
And when it stops working come up with new ones.
It's possible you might come up with the next viral parody song.

Every time I see her, I comment on how sad she is. And now it's a running joke with the other electronics tm...I'm so glad I saw this thread so I know I'm not the only one wanting to throw something at the tvs!

One day that SW robot is going to get punched in the face. Or Mario when I'm near the Amiibos...ah the joys of working electronics...

I fully relate to one song on her album (it's about not having the life you thought you would and being disappointed) and I had a moment in girls when that song came around in electronics lol. My store started pre-assigning our areas, so I know I won't be close enough to hear it for the next two weeks. Glory.

Although, I'm listening to that song and this song that makes Adele cry on a loop in my room right now haha. I like emotional torture, but not at work.

Working near the TV's having to hear the shoes commercial, the give you everything thing, and the 'epic quest to decorate a tree' or whatever is driving me up the wall a little bit. I just kind of scream in my head until my shift is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back