Archived Advice about new job & new availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I talked to the HR TM. She told me to talk to my ETL when he comes in to close to get him to approve my avaibility. When I told him we needed to talk, he said he knew, that he got 2 emails about it & only read those emails an hour ago (in a very annoyed voice). And that was it. No decision or anything.

If it is not approved when I come in for my mod shift, should I go to our STL and explain everything to him?

Won't hurt. Don't let your ETLs annoyed tone deter you seeing as he sounds like a jerk.

You may want to fill out the voluntary term form and note on it that it is only effective IF your availability change is not approved. That way you are covering yourself by giving a 2 week notice. Then ETLjerk will have to either approve or deny your availability. Even better, give the form to the STL. I can't imagine STL would want someone to leave if it can be avoided, esp. when you can work on Sunday!

Won't hurt. Don't let your ETLs annoyed tone deter you seeing as he sounds like a jerk.

You may want to fill out the voluntary term form and note on it that it is only effective IF your availability change is not approved. That way you are covering yourself by giving a 2 week notice. Then ETLjerk will have to either approve or deny your availability. Even better, give the form to the STL. I can't imagine STL would want someone to leave if it can be avoided, esp. when you can work on Sunday!

In a way, of my availability doesnt get approved, I am going to do just this. I went to work yesterday and my ETL still hasnt approved or denied my availability for some reason. I am going in Wednesday afternoon on my day off to talk to the ETL HR about this. I hope she is still okay with me working 1 day a week.

Now if she is not okay with it. I will turn in a voluntary term form with my last day being Friday June 17th. Yes, it is less than a 2 weeks notice. But when I originally talked to my ETL hr the first time, it was more than 2 weeks. I was basing everything on what she said that day and what would be done.

I worked at Target solo for four years before finding a job in my field (yes, post graduation... stupid 2008!). When I did finally get the M-F 9-5 job, I don't remember if I talked to an HR person or just submitted an availability change. Regardless, they had no problem switching me to Saturday only.

Also, I had chosen Saturday only, because my GF works one weekend day a week. This usually switches between Saturday and Sunday about every six months. When I know the change is occurring, I just put in the request, add an (unnecessary) note that she's switching when she works and it gets approved with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back