Archived Advice Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! I'm going through a rather interesting and frustrating crisis right now.

For the past 6 months I've been trying my best to leave my current department and head out to another, specifically softlines. However, my original ETL has quit, and another one in the store has unofficially taken over, and if things "change" he will be officially inducted. Sadly, this same ETL is the ETL of softlines, and market both of which I have interest in. I did not have any major problems with the ETL, until one shoe-in, which I semi-forgave him for, but now that he's in power of my current department he's OUT OF CONTROL. Albeit, if I must I would say my reaction and others to the change is unjust when the previous ETL did not exactly follow regulations or care about anything in the slightest. So basically, now I have to play nice in order to get switched into his department, and he knows that I want to go there so bad, but now that he's in control of me, he's caging me in.

I would look into Hardlines, or Backroom but the ETL's that run that are as anal as this one, and then there's Electronics but I don't want anything to do with register conversions of any sort. So I'm lost at any options, and I'm considering picking up a second job and dropping hours at Target because this ETL is stressing me out and maybe it would help to not be there as often, and let the situation die down and cross my fingers they get a proper person supervise my department. :(

So you would like to switch departments but currently there isn't one that doesn't have an ETL you can get along with?

If that's the case you could try to transfer to another store or like you said focus on your other job.

Be careful, your Etl may be running softlines & hl, depending on your store size. What is your current dept?

I have the same problem. Both my ETLs for the front lanes have quit, but they've all caged us in and we can't get out. Some of us are getting out, but me who has been trying to get out and get into hardlines or softlines are stuck because we're not qualified enough or something. I've done reshop carts for the past like 6 months when they don't have enough people. I took one softline shift because someone had called out and I stayed extra hours for that and I've done one hardlines shift as well, but like I said, my ETLs have basically caged us in and won't let us leave. They're both gone now so I don't know what's going to happen.

I'm not happy with my current position and I want to get better and learn in different areas of the store. I've thought about transferring but I hear it's a lot harder than said. Is someone willing to give me advice as well?

So you would like to switch departments but currently there isn't one that doesn't have an ETL you can get along with?

If that's the case you could try to transfer to another store or like you said focus on your other job.
Yes, that's the case. But in order for me to switch to softlines I have to suck up to the ETL because he just took over my department.

@Hardlinesmaster I'm currently a cashier, and my store is AAA Volume, so you'd think that they wouldn't have 1 person running 3 departments :(

Yes, that's the case. But in order for me to switch to softlines I have to suck up to the ETL because he just took over my department.
@Hardlinesmaster I'm currently a cashier, and my store is AAA Volume, so you'd think that they wouldn't have 1 person running 3 departments :(
Then, go on ehr & apply for other jobs in your store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back