Archived Ae2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the headcount of the store. Every store has to have a minimum of 8 LOD key carriers per best practice, so if a store has 6 ETLs (and 2 Sr.TL) and they get cut to 5, they need to add another SrTL to even it out.

Depends on the headcount of the store. Every store has to have a minimum of 8 LOD key carriers per best practice, so if a store has 6 ETLs (and 2 Sr.TL) and they get cut to 5, they need to add another SrTL to even it out.

LMFAO! We haven't had that many in our store in over five years. Most of the time we are running at 6 and lately since we lost an ETL we've only had 5.

Does that include logistics key carriers who are not SrTLs? Or do they have to be SrTL or higher?

Oh good, so we have another week of speculation and worry! I have to admit, I wasn't nervous until I found out that all of our tls are getting called in for a meeting early next week- even those who normally have that day off. Could be to keep bits and pieces of incorrect information from circulating throughout the building, but it certainly makes everything feel a little more ominous.

3 team leads got axed including the one that was in my department last week. I've heard that one more team lead is going to get axed and everyone thinks it's the team lead in grocery and everyone is being very awkward around the guy. When I first heard of this, my first thought was "greed is good and basically the motto of the ETLs at Target". They're probably doing this because it's cheaper to have minions than have both lowest bosses of minions and minions. Target probably just wants bosses of all minions.

It's standard to have all the TLs come in for their yearly AE meeting, even change their schedule to ensure they can attend. Same with ETLs for the overnight process coming in dayside.

What ETLs and TLs need to be worried about is being called in for one-on-one meetings with their STL. That only happens when either their departments are getting cut, or their positions won't have backfill once they leave/get promoted

We've never had a yearly a meeting that didn't coincide with the normal scheduled TL meetings. Maybe it's just because the scheduling is so wonky right now that there's more coordinating than usual going on. Regardless, next week should be interesting for all!

Next Monday for my store. The last ETL meeting was 4+ hours too. I'm not looking forward to this AE meeting.

We have 3 ETLs and 3 sr TLs, but we're short an ETL. I don't know if they'll move our AP to SF, but they might.

Anyone want to forward me the PM?

This info has not been confirmed:
-Pricing TL is being eliminated in almost all the GM/PF stores.
-HRTL will be eliminated in almost all GM/PF stores, even in a lot of higher volume SuperT.
-ETL-AP eliminated in ULV stores. If they have a TPS team they will report to the ETL-HR.
-Reduction of TL and ETL headcount in every org chart.
-Many GM stores will combine Softlines/Hardlines ETL.

Interesting, I wonder if my store will be one of the very few to keep our Pricing TL. Including our Pricing TL, our pricing team consists of 4 people.

Hearing that they are doing some layoffs at HQ today. About 475 people gone and they are not filling 700 open positions. They get 6 weeks severance.

Now every time our leadership has a Team Lead meeting I get very curious... and a little anxious. They had a brief, unplanned one this afternoon. Even still, these rumored cuts are what we've been working with since I've been with the company.

Your unplanned meeting was about the part time health insurance elimination most likely. We had one yesterday due to it being announced everywhere. Also I guess no one has heard anything definitive about the cuts. Im assuming next monday will be the day when we all have out AE team lead and ETL meetings.

My ETL told me a bit about what will be happening at our store. Not too much detail since not all the current ETLs knew yet. I believe they found out yesterday. At our store, the ETL-logistics will be in charge of all specialty teams; pricing, plano, instocks, sft, etc. I have since been asked to take hours in another specialty team. I of course said yes, in retrospect I believe I've been recently tested to see if I was a good fit for this position. Sorry I can't give much detail, but paranoia serves me well.

My ETL told me a bit about what will be happening at our store. Not too much detail since not all the current ETLs knew yet. I believe they found out yesterday. At our store, the ETL-logistics will be in charge of all specialty teams; pricing, plano, instocks, sft, etc. I have since been asked to take hours in another specialty team. I of course said yes, in retrospect I believe I've been recently tested to see if I was a good fit for this position. Sorry I can't give much detail, but paranoia serves me well.

This is how it's been at my store for awhile. I'm in a ULV, and from all of the whispers it sounds like stores of higher volumes will be following the headcount we've been at for the past couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back