Archived Ae2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have a 3 hour mandatory meeting next week but they aren't telling us what for. We already had our AE TL meeting last week.
I'm pretty close with my ETL and she's not even saying anything after her 5 hour ETL meeting on Monday.

I'll guess I'll add to this by stating a new rumor I've heard. No raises at all this year. I don't expect it to be true, but I kind of want it to be, in a sick, destructive way. The fact of the matter is, raises this year are going to suck enough to where it won't make a difference either way to me (just like every year, lol), but I imagine some employees will just walk out if they're told they aren't getting a raise at all.

Depends on the headcount of the store. Every store has to have a minimum of 8 LOD key carriers per best practice, so if a store has 6 ETLs (and 2 Sr.TL) and they get cut to 5, they need to add another SrTL to even it out.

Does that include logistics key carriers who are not SrTLs? Or do they have to be SrTL or higher?

If our store is following best practice, I think it must... We have 1 STL, 3 ETLS, 2 SrTL's as LODs (making six.) Then our Plano TL is a key Carrier, and our APL has been on leave for a loong time but I believe she might have been too.

Last edited:
No one is getting fired. It is just like last year. If a team lead leaves your store another tl will be taken from another work center to cover it. Also, the store that has 15 tls, wow I can't even imagine. Maybe no one is losing their job but that can't be their new org chart. ULV sucks!

Last edited:
At one point we had 22 TLs in a store that is actually ULV.

The # of TLs Target used to have was hilariously high 15 years ago. When my store first opened, we had:

HRTL
6 GSTLs
6 SLTLs
7 HLTLs
2 Backroom TLs (1 day, 1 night)
3 Flow TLs
2 Dry Grocery TLs
1 Chem/Paper TL (was removed within 3 months though)
Dairy TL
Frozen TL
Produce TL
4 Meat TLs (we had butchers and they were called TLs because of the pay grade, removed less than a year later when Target stopped cutting meat)
2 Bakery TLs
2 Deli TLs
Starbucks TL
Food Ave TL
Pricing TL
Plano TL

Total of 43 TLs. We also used to have an ETL position for each of the perishable areas such as Meat, Deli, Produce, Bakery, and Food Ave. Now, this was when Target was first getting into the grocery side and hadn't really ironed out the processes. All of the perishable ETL positions were eliminated with a blanket ETL-Perishables allowed in higher volume stores. About half of the above TL positions have been cut over the years as well (many of them were unnecessary though).

Has anybody heard anything about new core roles or restructuring or workload and/or processes for 2014? I've heard a couple things other than about position cuts. Just wanted to confirm some of the stuff I've heard.

The ETL meeting is Monday at my store and then I'll be in the TL meeting on Tuesday. I guess I'll know soon enough!

I am running the store as open and mid LoD Monday while the ETLs are in their meeting... the TL meeting will be Tuesday... we have a pricing and HRTL - plus an ETL HR - so I suspect those two will be "moved around" first before picking off any other hourly TLs.

I'm a tl and haven't gotten any info on any meeting...should I be worried or something?

What I was told was that Target is handing out pink slips to 475 executive positions (I saw an email), and no new hires at the DC until the cuts are completed.

The etl I got this from swore there wouldn't be any tls in our store stepping down because they would be needed to fill in for the etl positions.

The guess was aptl, and getl since they don't do anything that their tl couldn't do....

The AE ETL meeting is tomorrow at my store. For TLs we're having a few micro meetings throughout the day on Tuesday because we aren't all scheduled at the same time.

Our GE/SL TL went out on maternity leave a few months ago and isn't coming back. Based on us being down an exec for a while now and the new ETL schedule not being posted, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they might be consolidating those roles with HL.

They're performancing out our POG TL and if pricing takes over POG I have a feeling they'll be performanced out as well. It's looking a little grim at my store right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back