Archived Ae2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
While no one is leaving my store we are not backfilling the next ETL to leave and not filling our vacant gstl position. Price accuracy will now report to our ETL log and at a date to be determined we are combining sl/GE/hl. Result of my low volume Monday meeting. Least hr ordered the store pizza...

Are you an org 1 store?

We were an org 2 pfresh and now we are an org3 due to org restructuring. I will type up a detailed change list when I get home. Volunteered to cover the close due to the srtl call out...yay 16 hour day.

We are a org workchart 4, we were at org chart 2 last year...We combine pricing and presentation (like the old days) we go from three to two SRTL's,

For tl's who get cut, are they being booted immediately? Or are those positions just not being back filled?
My STL said nobody is getting fired or demoted on Tuesday in my store. All cuts should be through attrition. I bet they will push for problem performers to be performance managed out quicker though.

Let's just say that coachings will be plentiful the next few weeks.

YEP! we already saw a list of peoples names on it that have a coaching on their record... only guess is they will continue

How does one find out what org chart their store uses? I believe I'm at a AA+ store judging from our sales the past 5-6 months. I could easily look this up in iPOS though.

I seriously want to throw up. Since they'll go down to one salesfloor TL, and we will lose a SrTL, and the current softlines and hardlines TLs are both SrTLs, one of them will have to go...both incredibly nice guys.

That also means since it looks like we'll lose a GSTL, and one of them is a SrGSTL and one of them is a regular GSTL, the regular one will need to go. He is my most favorite person in the entire store. I can go to him about anything, he is incredibly supportive and makes me want to work harder just by his existence. Our front end is what it is because of him. Instead we will get to keep the bitchy SrGSTL, who gossips about everyone behind their back, is hit or miss as to whether or not she is approachable, and is incredibly sloppy in her routines and execution.

As a GSA, the most direct effect is that I will simply have more than two GSA shifts a week. As a TM and a human being, this is going to hurt incredibly bad. There are days the only reason I GSA is because of our current GSTL. And Spot is going to break up a winning combination. The thought of today's meeting and this entire mess makes me either want to cry, throw up, or some combination.

I wouldn't get too worked up yet until you actually see how they move people around. I know the cuts they're making in our store and since we are down two team leads those two positions cut would be fine for us but they aren't moving either of those tl's into the gstl position because they would not be a good fit. Take a deep breath and just wait. Although, i know as a gsa how bad it sucks to work with a crappy GSTL. Sorry you have to deal with that. :(

I had shared the specifics but maybe that was a no go. I'm happy to pm any head counts if you give me your volume. The September attrition is true.

New to the forum. Couple things that I know for sure are that they are making a ETL-HR/AP position at some ORG 1 stores. Also the number of ORG charts is going down to 7. So most stores are going to be the same.

I'm also hearing that there will be even less HRTLs around.

Fair enough. Didnt think about that one :) If I type it up all nice and pretty is that acceptable?

I'm in a ULV less than 23 mil store, could you PM with a TL headcount also please? Thank you in advance!

Here you guys go. My pro capitalist feelings aside, this sucks. But spot needs to save money where it can and we will vibe it out. Im very happy to still have my job and we will adapt and overcome.

Org 1 and above will have an etl hr/ap and an APTL (high risk stores will be an exception and have ETL HR and ETL AP)
Org 2 and above stores will be allocated ETL AP and APTL based on AP metrics.
This does not include pharmacy, clinic, or super target specific headcounts.

Org 1: 0-23 mil
3 ETL – ETL Sales Floor/GE, ETL log
4 TL – TL Replenishment, TL Pricing and presentation, TL Sales Floor, GSTL

Org 2: 23-28 mil
3 ETL: ETL HR, ETL Sales floor/ge, ETL log
5 TL: TL Flow, TL backroom/instocks, TL Pricing and presentation, TL sales floor, GSTL

Org 3: 29-35 mil
3 ETL: ETL HR, ETL sales floor/ge, ETL Log
8 TL: TL flow, TL backroom/instocks, TL pricing and presentation, TL sales floor(3), GSTL(2)

Org 4: 35-49 mil
4 ETL: ETL HR, ETL Sales floor, ETL GE, ETL log
10 TL: TL Flow, TL backroom/instocks, TL Pricing and presentation, TL sales floor(5), GSTl(2)

Org 5: 49-60 mil
6 ETL: ETL HR, ETL sales floor(2), ETL sales floor ops, ETL GE, ETL Log overnight
14 TL: Tl flow(3), TL backroom/instocks, TL pricing, TL presentation, TL sales floor(6), GSTL(2)

Org 6: 60-75 mil
7 ETL: ETL hr, ETL sales floor(2), ETL sales floor ops, ETL GE, ETL log overnight, ETL replenishment overnight
16 TL: TL flow(3), TL backroom/instocks, TL pricing, TL presentation, TL sales floor(6), GSTL(3), HRTL

Org 7: 75 mil and over
8 ETL: ETL HR, ETL Sr. Merch, ETL sales floor(2), ETL Sales Floor Ops, ETL GE, ETL Log overnight, ETl replenishment overnight
18 TL: TL Flow(4), Tl backroom/instocks, TL Pricing, TL presentation, TL sales floor(7), GSTL(3), HRTL

Org 7 only: One additional ETL for every 10 mil over 75 mil. Positions determined by store. Two additional TL for every 10 mil over 75 as well.

All headcount changes will happen through attrition by sept 2014. Overnight unload threshold moves from 46.5M to 49M

Last edited:
We once went 5 months without a STL.....about time the leadership had the same worries as the bullied part timers....my store was proof you can live with less overpaid TLs.

Dont see anything about bakery,produce,deli,fa tls

As ive never worked in a super target, i would assume that falls under the non specific super target headcount disclaimer that i put at the top.
As far as the food ave TL and starbucks TL goes, that is being eliminated in general head counts.

Last edited:
Here you guys go. My pro capitalist feelings aside, this sucks. But spot needs to save money where it can and we will vibe it out. Im very happy to still have my job and we will adapt and overcome.

Org 1 and above will have an etl hr/ap and an APTL (high risk stores will be an exception and have ETL HR and ETL AP)
Org 2 and above stores will be allocated ETL AP and APTL based on AP metrics. This does not include pharmacy, clinic, or super target specific headcounts.

3 ETL – ETL Sales Floor/GE, ETL log

5 TL: TL Flow, TL backroom/instocks, TL Pricing and presentation, TL sales floor, GSTL

All headcount changes will happen through attrition by sept 2014. Overnight unload threshold moves from 46.5M to 49M

Ugh life is about to suck....
How does 1 TL manage the entire sales floor in a low volume store with practically no team? And only working 40 hrs a week?

Our GSTL came out the meeting...kept saying we weren't losing him, but then said several times he was being given the option to transfer. Knowing what I've heard here, it's obvious his position is gone, but said nothing is finalized. Not a happy day, but all I can do is wait and see.

For those not following the thread in the leadership forum

Org 2 and above stores will be allocated ETL AP and APTL based on AP metrics.
This does not include pharmacy, clinic, or super target specific headcounts.

3 ETL – ETL Sales Floor/ge, ETL log

Org 3: 29-35 mil
3 ETL: ETL HR, ETL sales floor/ge, ETL Log
8 TL: TL flow, TL backroom/instocks, TL pricing and presentation, TL sales floor(3), GSTL(2)

Org 4: 35-49 mil
4 ETL: ETL HR, ETL Sales floor, ETL GE, ETL log
10 TL: TL Flow, TL backroom/instocks, TL Pricing and presentation, TL sales floor(5), GSTl(2)

Org 5: 49-60 mil
6 ETL: ETL HR, ETL sales floor(2), etl sales floor ops, etl GE, etl Log overnight
14 TL: Tl flow(3), tl backroom/instocks, tl pricing, tl presentation, tl sales floor(6), GSTL(2)

Org 6: 60-75 mil
7 ETL: ETL hr, etl sales floor(2), etl sales floor ops, etl GE, etl log overnight, etl replenishment overnight
16 TL: TL flow(3), TL backroom/instocks, TL pricing, TL presentation, TL sales floor(6), GSTL(3), HRTL

Org 7: 75 mil and over
8 ETL: ETL HR, ETL Sr. Merch, ETL sales floor(2), ETL Sales Floor Ops, ETL GE, ETL Log overnight, ETl replenishment overnight
18 TL: TL Flow(4), Tl backroom/instocks, TL Pricing, TL presentation, TL sales floor(7), GSTL(3), HRTL

Org 7 only: One additional ETL for every 10 mil over 75 mil. Positions determined by store. Two additional TL for every 10 mil over 75 as well.

I have been the sole HL TL since early 2013. I got zero Toy/Seasonal helpers this fourth quarter, got approved for unlimited OT and worked 15-16 hour days. (Even some 6 a.m. shifts after midnight closings). I worked 12 days straight up to X-Mas. I haven't taken a fifteen minute break since December 2012 nt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back