Archived Ae2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a HL Senior TL in a ULV store with an STL, 2 ETLs, 2 SrTL (1 HL-1SL), GSTL, Flow/IS/BR TL, POG/PA TL, SFT, APTL. That's all we have. I'm worried how much more they'll cut that down tomorrow. I have been the sole HL TL since early 2013. I got zero Toy/Seasonal helpers this fourth quarter, got approved for unlimited OT and worked 15-16 hour days. (Even some 6 a.m. shifts after midnight closings). I worked 12 days straight up to X-Mas. I haven't taken a fifteen minute break since December 2012 (literal statement, seriously been well over a year). What else can I possibly take on and do now that I'm back to a 40-hr cap? Five years into my "career" and starting to wonder if I need something different.
And you see this is the reason for rot that seperated the grunt workers from management....they used to send TL trainees to me but never gave me over 30 hours, never promoted me even though I worked several positions and a little over minimum wage. If the dependable peons got more hours and paid a wage like at least Costco or Lowes....and if the management made less than some of those disproportionate wages comensurate with their actual production you and other TL's wouldn't a) be so understaffed and overworked b) wouldn't be fearing losing your job and c) wouldn't be resented by the floor people who are the face of the store. Was a trainwreck waiting to happen.

Sorry about that wild. I've only seed org3 and org4. I assumed there would have to be two gstls. I guess GSAs will take over the remaining shifts.

Did I miss where you said what org chart 3 looks like?? I only see specifics for 4.

Here you guys go. My pro capitalist feelings aside, this sucks. But spot needs to save money where it can and we will vibe it out. Im very happy to still have my job and we will adapt and overcome.

Org 1 and above will have an etl hr/ap and an APTL (high risk stores will be an exception and have ETL HR and ETL AP)
Org 2 and above stores will be allocated ETL AP and APTL based on AP metrics.
This does not include pharmacy, clinic, or super target specific headcounts.

Org 1: 0-23 mil
3 ETL – ETL Sales Floor/GE, ETL log
4 TL – TL Replenishment, TL Pricing and presentation, TL Sales Floor, GSTL

Org 2: 23-28 mil
3 ETL: ETL HR, ETL Sales floor/ge, ETL log
5 TL: TL Flow, TL backroom/instocks, TL Pricing and presentation, TL sales floor, GSTL

Org 3: 29-35 mil
3 ETL: ETL HR, ETL sales floor/ge, ETL Log
8 TL: TL flow, TL backroom/instocks, TL pricing and presentation, TL sales floor(3), GSTL(2)

Org 4: 35-49 mil
4 ETL: ETL HR, ETL Sales floor, ETL GE, ETL log
10 TL: TL Flow, TL backroom/instocks, TL Pricing and presentation, TL sales floor(5), GSTl(2)

Org 5: 49-60 mil
6 ETL: ETL HR, ETL sales floor(2), ETL sales floor ops, ETL GE, ETL Log overnight
14 TL: Tl flow(3), TL backroom/instocks, TL pricing, TL presentation, TL sales floor(6), GSTL(2)

Org 6: 60-75 mil
7 ETL: ETL hr, ETL sales floor(2), ETL sales floor ops, ETL GE, ETL log overnight, ETL replenishment overnight
16 TL: TL flow(3), TL backroom/instocks, TL pricing, TL presentation, TL sales floor(6), GSTL(3), HRTL

Org 7: 75 mil and over
8 ETL: ETL HR, ETL Sr. Merch, ETL sales floor(2), ETL Sales Floor Ops, ETL GE, ETL Log overnight, ETl replenishment overnight
18 TL: TL Flow(4), Tl backroom/instocks, TL Pricing, TL presentation, TL sales floor(7), GSTL(3), HRTL

Org 7 only: One additional ETL for every 10 mil over 75 mil. Positions determined by store. Two additional TL for every 10 mil over 75 as well.

All headcount changes will happen through attrition by sept 2014. Overnight unload threshold moves from 46.5M to 49M

The Pricing/Presentation Team will now take ownership of all salesplanners, eliminating that from the task of the Salesfloor TL. Now the Salesfloor TL can focus on visual brand, PTM aisles, vendor relationships in market, POG accuracy, etc.

What about a POG team that already does set salesplanners?
How about when adjacencies are due in softlines, Steritech is due any time, and half of decorative home looks like a garage sale because no one has time to PTM?

We are an Org 3 p-fresh. Is the CTL considered in the total SFTL?

Yes. Sr.TLs come from that pool as well.

Ope! We're 2 over if that's the case. 3 seniors (2 hl, 1 sl), 1 CTL, and 1 HL. See ya CTL and HLtl. Pretty sure our PA can do the CTL job without missing a beat and not many will notice the HLtl is gone. (did I write that out loud?)

The Pricing/Presentation Team will now take ownership of all salesplanners, eliminating that from the task of the Salesfloor TL. Now the Salesfloor TL can focus on visual brand, PTM aisles, vendor relationships in market, POG accuracy, etc.

I'll believe that when I see it. Our dayside backroom is very frequently saddled with pulling the POGs for the planogram team as well as backstocking their stuff from the previous night.

I'm sorry if I'm stating the obvious here but it looks to me Like Spot is shooting off it's toes to keep it's balance.

In the military the people who really run operations are not the generals or even the lower officers, it's the sergeants.
The women and men who train the soldiers and keep everything running.
They know where everything is and how it works.
Often they are the ones most familiar with policy and procedures.

What Spot has done in the name of saving money because they put themselves out of balance by expanding too quickly is cut away the very people who know what to do when it comes down to running their business.
Sure there are going to be some deadweight scraped off but by in large they have shot themselves in the foot.

Last edited:
How will softlines fit into this. Usually at ULV volume stores it's SL/GE. On the new charts GE is by itself even in 35 mil. stores but it's possible to have 1 ETL for Hardlines and softlines in a 45 million store

How will softlines fit into this. Usually at ULV volume stores it's SL/GE. On the new charts GE is by itself even in 35 mil. stores but it's possible to have 1 ETL for Hardlines and softlines in a 45 million store

Softlines is now under ETL-HL (Renamed ETL-Salesfloor) in all org charts.

How do the other plano TL's feel about taking on all of the sales planners, pricing team, and all visual adjacencies for softlines. Our workload has now more than doubled. I know my store is over 175k sq feet just on the salesfloor (SuperTarget).

good lord above how much more can they cut before closing stores. our store is already so far understaffed that its impossible to accomplish anything anymore, nothing gets done, and we the drones suffer for it. also why in the hell did they bring the redcard back into the fray so soon. ive been cursed out five times already cause of that. unrelated does anyone know if this crap has anything to do with the data breach just out of curiosity?

good lord above how much more can they cut before closing stores. our store is already so far understaffed that its impossible to accomplish anything anymore, nothing gets done, and we the drones suffer for it. also why in the hell did they bring the redcard back into the fray so soon. ive been cursed out five times already cause of that. unrelated does anyone know if this crap has anything to do with the data breach just out of curiosity?

They plan this stuff out months ahead.
The breach might have meant they went for a more draconian version but this is more probably because of their over expansion and it's resulting lack of cash flow.
Plus I think they are trying to be more like Uncle Wally.

The breach might have meant they went for a more draconian version but this is more probably because of their over expansion and it's resulting lack of cash flow.

I still stand by my previous standpoint. get all these comfy execs out into their stores and force them to see the harm they do and watch. I guarantee things will change lickety split

I just hope the exec that gets shuffled from my store is our ETL-HL. There's no way he could do the entire salesfloor. As for the TLs, it sucks because we are going to lose some quality people, and keep some really lack luster people.

These cuts also help Target by getting rid of full time team leaders that they might have to cover with health insurance and replace them with two part time members that they don't have to cover.

Yeah this more a result of all the money they spent going P-fresh and opening in Canada. Both failed to bring anywhere near the income they were predicting. The results of the credit fiasco will come in payroll cuts and more AE cuts next year. Just when you think Target can not get any worse they manage to do it again.

Not counting SFT, we have 6 TLs too many, but we're short one. We are also short one ETL. I guess the only TL with a degree could move up (not likely) and one of the TLs could move (also not likely since it's BR/instocks).

Not counting SFT, we have 6 TLs too many, but we're short one. We are also short one ETL. I guess the only TL with a degree could move up (not likely) and one of the TLs could move (also not likely since it's BR/instocks).

Odds are you're going to get a ETL transferring from another store to fill that spot. Most stores are over headcount now so they'll be shuffling around to fill any positions that are empty.

Normally yes, they do plan it that far out but you can still find their old plans for AE14 on sharepoint. They had minimal changes planned for this year.

A few more things I find disturbing are now payroll is calculated by dollars instead of hours (there's always been reports for both). Some of us higher paid TL's will probably be looked at 1st when the time comes to performance someone out.
The statement about giving the TL hours to use for more TM's is such bullshit. They state the same thing each time but we never get the hours.
The change in times can suck my ass, going to a 6am unload with the salesfloor team coming in at 12 or 1 or some stupid shit (it's already like that but now it seems they would never have an early day).
Plano taking over sales planners and adjacencies but promised hours to get it done. Why didn't I get those hours when I was in HL. Either way, I guess this is fine. Hopefully I'll get moved into this spot instead of moved out the door.

If any bigwig at HQ reads this - Fuck you and die bitch

I just could not work today at my usual %200. This change is just screaming "we f'ed up cut money" all over it, there is so many inconsistencies with the plan you can tell it was done last minute to the original AE14 (if you look in workbench the AE page still says "changes only to org 1&2". These changes wont be too devastating in a high org store but to us 1-2 charts this is instant death. Hours promised will not be delivered, once the TL's are removed they will keep payroll the same if not worse. The VIBE in my eyes was a big corporate strategy to use it as an excuse to cut and gut stores. Everything that results in a cut, removal of task, etc all ends in "in order to provide more time/hours to drive the vibe with guests"

"If any bigwig at HQ reads this - Fuck you and die bitch"
:spiteful:
I was going to ask if I'm the only one who has been hoping for a headline saying that Gregg St..whateverass has been found dead in an apparent suicide. Now I know I'm not. Ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back