Archived After 7yrs....Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly loved working at target until 2 years ago or so. We got a whole new crop of etls, my new etl had been scooped up by Target at a job fair at her college...no target experience what so ever. At first things were great and then suddenly everything changed.

I was taken off setting the VA/VMG and tossed into helping break out freight. My "position" as team trainer was taken away, and slowly I started being called into the office by this ETL. Consistently being told that my addittuide was an issue and yet I'm being asked to do a laundry list of things every day. My ETL would constantly call me to see what I was doing and working on. Any time I went to her with an issue i was told it wasn't an issue and i was causing trouble.

I had hopes of becoming an TL and working my way up when she first started and we had talked about that. But what drove me to leave target was finding my review one of the computers that TMs/TLs/Etls all used. There were things in my review that only my ETL and I had talked about that my TL had written down.

My last day was last Friday and my ETL didnt even say goodbye, thank you, good luck nothing. No one except TMs who I talked to on a regular basis said goodbye and the only goodbye and thank you I received from an ETL and my STL was because I walked by them as I left...i poured a lot of time and energy into the building and into a team I really loved.

But my new job has welcomed me with open arms and has already shown me that even as a new person to the store I'm very much appreciated. Which is a huge breath of fresh air.

Best of luck to you @ClaptrapsMinion in your future endeavors. Some ppl have no sense of compassion or even humility and don't Appreciate Loyatlty especially with Spot. Just remember at the end of the day, it's a business. Some ppl are going to be very COLD. Sounds like your new job is already awesome.

My etl nor tl said goodbye to me either. But I'm not bothered by it. However, I did request a quiet exit so that may have something to do with that. Also, it might have something to do with best practice. You don't want to let a guest know that a team member has quit.

Last edited:
But what drove me to leave target was finding my review one of the computers that TMs/TLs/Etls all used. There were things in my review that only my ETL and I had talked about that my TL had written down.

Your TL is not supposed to leave confidential documents regarding individual Team Members on the computer. They can get put on corrective action for doing that. Smh. :rolleyes:

My last day was last Friday and my ETL didnt even say goodbye, thank you, good luck nothing. No one except TMs who I talked to on a regular basis said goodbye and the only goodbye and thank you I received from an ETL and my STL was because I walked by them as I left...i poured a lot of time and energy into the building and into a team I really loved.

But my new job has welcomed me with open arms and has already shown me that even as a new person to the store I'm very much appreciated. Which is a huge breath of fresh air.

That sucks that your leaders didn't say goodbye to you. I am not a leader but I usually say goodbye and wish people good luck before they leave on their last day. Glad that you feel appreciated at your new job!

My old store was known to leave documentation on other team members out in the open. HR “tried” to stop it but yet the egg heads were still doing it.

After the years I put in, I felt like they truly didn’t care that I left. When other leads leave, they would kiss their ass with gifts. I got a half ass goodbye only because I passed them. My BP included. He came by only to interview someone from the store. He gave me some fake smile like I was taking up his time. His wife was my former boss as well until I got promoted and was once a big believer of me until I left the company completely. I felt betrayed and I could have moved on years ago but they kept luring me in. Biggest issue was I wanted a two week vacation to Detroit and they wanted to find everything they could to write up for (things they didn’t write others up for). I would later have surgery and take a leave and again more retaliation. I’m glad I’m not playing their game anymore.

Just remember at the end of the day, it's a business
that is true,it's sad that those of us that have been there awhile remember it as something more then that.
best of luck with your new job.

giphy.webp

Congrats its been a year for me and I can tell you for one I dont miss it at all I wish you the best!

Nice. I quit because of my 13 cent raise and iffy leadership. Was one of only 2 BRTMs but the recent changes really fucked us so I bounced

Nice. I quit because of my 13 cent raise and iffy leadership. Was one of only 2 BRTMs but the recent changes really fucked us so I bounced
See ya jb! Figured that day was coming when you got that second job. Spot is changing everything

See ya jb! Figured that day was coming when you got that second job. Spot is changing everything
Lol pretty much. I wouldn't mind coming back as a PMT since that's similar to what I do know and that's srtl pay but that's really it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back