Archived ALL ABOARD THE CRAZY TRAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too many crazy guests. Some of them are a bit.. obsessed with certain things, but nothing over-the-top.

The last place I worked was a bit different though. We had one employee wipe shit all over the bathroom walls and we had another tape razer blades inside the door handles going into/out of the bathrooms. There was also a stall in our shipping department bathroom that had.. I dunno, a hundred or so boogers on the wall that someone then played connect the dots with to draw a stickman giving the finger.
The razor blade one though. Not. Cool.

Please tell me someone caught them doing it and that's how everyone found out, and not because someone got their hand sliced.

Fortunately, no one cut themselves. The guy who found it was a bit distracted opening the door and didn't really put a tight grip on the handle when he felt the blade. And they did find the person who did it, but I never heard what happened to him. He was fired obviously, but I'm not sure if anyone (could have) pressed charges.

It was huge though. Not just because of the blade, but because it got out that a few people in the plant had HIV and hepatitis B a week earlier.
Not. Freaking. Cool. That one irks me. You can completely ruin someone's life doing something like that!

So...this guy comes into electronics tonight, wanting a phone. Now, I don't work in electronics, nor in mobile, though I did cover electronics TM's lunch for part of this, so I saw it from the periphery.

Guy comes in, says he has $600 cash to pay for a really good phone. Mobile guy goes and gets an iPhone 6, well under the guy's budget, pre-paid, can own it, etc. etc. Guy starts talking about his cable company and needing a phone to connect to his wireless.

...??

He goes to get his modem and bring it back to the store. Which he does. Consults with Mobile guy on...whatever. Eventually we find that our hero doesn't want a really good phone, he wants a dumb phone. Mobile guy goes and fetches a dumb phone for him.

Electronics TM goes on lunch, I now have keys. This started before I started covering OPU's lunch, so we're on ~45 minutes so far.

I keep zoning toys, helping people in electronics. Mobile guy and our hero continue to discuss.

Electronics TM comes back, I go on my 15. I come back from my 15. Mobile guy and our hero continue to discuss. AP hovers nearby.

We're on 1.5 hours+ now, and Mobile guy should have been gone when this all started.

Our hero finally buys the dumb phone and leaves. Says something about bringing in his monitor tomorrow for Mobile guy to look at.

...??!!??

Mobile guy, electronics TM, AP & I all look at each other and shake our heads.

So...this guy comes into electronics tonight, wanting a phone. Now, I don't work in electronics, nor in mobile, though I did cover electronics TM's lunch for part of this, so I saw it from the periphery.

Guy comes in, says he has $600 cash to pay for a really good phone. Mobile guy goes and gets an iPhone 6, well under the guy's budget, pre-paid, can own it, etc. etc. Guy starts talking about his cable company and needing a phone to connect to his wireless.

...??

He goes to get his modem and bring it back to the store. Which he does. Consults with Mobile guy on...whatever. Eventually we find that our hero doesn't want a really good phone, he wants a dumb phone. Mobile guy goes and fetches a dumb phone for him.

Electronics TM goes on lunch, I now have keys. This started before I started covering OPU's lunch, so we're on ~45 minutes so far.

I keep zoning toys, helping people in electronics. Mobile guy and our hero continue to discuss.

Electronics TM comes back, I go on my 15. I come back from my 15. Mobile guy and our hero continue to discuss. AP hovers nearby.

We're on 1.5 hours+ now, and Mobile guy should have been gone when this all started.

Our hero finally buys the dumb phone and leaves. Says something about bringing in his monitor tomorrow for Mobile guy to look at.

...??!!??

Mobile guy, electronics TM, AP & I all look at each other and shake our heads.
Sometimes people waste other people's time for kicks. I heard a story where an office worker took a call at the very beginning of her lunch, her hot food in front of her, because she recognized the number as a client she could help in just a couple of minutes. She told the client that she had just started her lunch break, the client asked about lunch, and then asked questions for nearly 50 minutes. Sometimes the client asked the same questions over or needed extra explanation for things dealt with days earlier. At the end of the call the client very cheerfully said "I bet your lunch is cold now. Have a good day!"

I'm betting that's this guy. He's bored, he knows if you focus on him you aren't getting other tasks done and will likely be fussed at, and he knows there's a chance to make people late for clocking out, so he's drawing it out as absolutely long as possible. AP coming by to watch was probably added encouragement to waste everyone's time since there's an additional person whose time can be wasted. Mobile TM should have shut him down the moment he brought a modem in by pretending to be tech dumb on everything except basic phone features.

Sometimes people waste other people's time for kicks. I heard a story where an office worker took a call at the very beginning of her lunch, her hot food in front of her, because she recognized the number as a client she could help in just a couple of minutes. She told the client that she had just started her lunch break, the client asked about lunch, and then asked questions for nearly 50 minutes. Sometimes the client asked the same questions over or needed extra explanation for things dealt with days earlier. At the end of the call the client very cheerfully said "I bet your lunch is cold now. Have a good day!"

I'm betting that's this guy. He's bored, he knows if you focus on him you aren't getting other tasks done and will likely be fussed at, and he knows there's a chance to make people late for clocking out, so he's drawing it out as absolutely long as possible. AP coming by to watch was probably added encouragement to waste everyone's time since there's an additional person whose time can be wasted. Mobile TM should have shut him down the moment he brought a modem in by pretending to be tech dumb on everything except basic phone features.

Some people just like being waited on, my cousin worked at a shoe store where they only have one display out and she has to go get sizes from the back that people ask for.

She said that the people that would be asking for different sizes in a bunch of shoes would be the ones that never bought anything and just enjoyed the feeling of being serviced.

1060l85.gif

Who's Will???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back