Logistics All Items Scanned Events Vs. Ghosts?

Two types of events are recorded in Backroom reporting. When a user performing a Fill cannot find the the requested item in the specified stockroom location, they can select All Items Scanned, to move to the next location in the Fill and systematically delete that item from the location because it wasn't found. This is an AIS event. Similarly, this generates an error known as Ghost, defined as an item being systematically located, but not physically located.
My intuition is that these two events would coincide 1:1. And yet they don't. Shouldn't every time a User hits AIS created a Ghost? Can some other action cause the creation of a Ghost without the need for hitting AIS? What am I missing here?

Point blank all items scanned is a scape goat to coach your team members and the wrong team members at that. If tommy takes everything out of a location without unlocating them and then susie has a pull in there and creates a ghost, susie is going to get in trouble for that error not tommy who created the error.
Which is ridiculous. How is it Susie's fault that the item isn't there?

They can come at me.

Back