Logistics All Items Scanned Events Vs. Ghosts?

Two types of events are recorded in Backroom reporting. When a user performing a Fill cannot find the the requested item in the specified stockroom location, they can select All Items Scanned, to move to the next location in the Fill and systematically delete that item from the location because it wasn't found. This is an AIS event. Similarly, this generates an error known as Ghost, defined as an item being systematically located, but not physically located.
My intuition is that these two events would coincide 1:1. And yet they don't. Shouldn't every time a User hits AIS created a Ghost? Can some other action cause the creation of a Ghost without the need for hitting AIS? What am I missing here?

Not fudging if you back out of the pull and audit the location in real time, it’ll take the missing is item out of your batch.
Backing out and auditing means it doesn't affect BRLA... i.e. fudging your numbers
The procedure is to have the TM audit the location and correct the error on the spot and then it no longer exists. Not fudging anything.
Ghosts/baffles are always gonna happen. Auditing does not hide an error, it corrects it, then it no longer exists.
Using AIS is not following the procedure set by management so it would seem that these folks are the ones needing re-training.
That's literally not the procedure from corporate. Anything other than AIS is something your store/district wants you to do to improve their #s. AIS marks it as an error and creates a task to correct it. That's literally procedure. Maybe you need to go over your ethics training again. 🙄🙄

Back