Archived All Scan day best practices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

obx

I would like to hear other people on how they do the scan. Do you have everyone go to a different department. Or all scanning the same area at the same time.

I would like to hear other people on how they do the scan. Do you have everyone go to a different department. Or all scanning the same area at the same time.

I separate my team and put them in task lists. That's the way it should be every day. At one point when I first became TL of Instocks our team scanned the same area, but it didn't work and they weren't getting to all areas each week. When I separated them into the list, we began researching more areas and our score got better.

Thanks @MrGSTLman! They have my team "Wave Scan" softlines and they never get to Hardlines. Then my ETL-LOG wants to know why are we not able to scan the entire store. The wave scan doesnt work. When the team was separated they got more of the scan completed. Its been 2 weeks since we are trying it. Both weeks have failed.

For the past 5 weeks we have gotten to do in-stocks 3 days and because no one knows how to zone anymore...it's been a nightmare and therefore only about 1/3 of the store gets done. Rigs have been done about 3 out of the 7 days. Instocks starts at 8am -- there's huddle -- then smart huddle (which is usally doing stray) until 8:45am to 9am and then if we are lucky (which we haven't been) we can scan....remember we have only until 11am to do in-stocks. They don't care.

In-stocks usually is backstocking, working freight or doing stray the entire time. We are so red it's unbelieveable! The store is really messy and our inventory is coming up (mid=Sept)...yikes!:wacko:

@zann1209 OMGG!! Our STL says we don't go to Huddles/Backup or anything else till 11am!!

I separate my team and put them in task lists. That's the way it should be every day. At one point when I first became TL of Instocks our team scanned the same area, but it didn't work and they weren't getting to all areas each week. When I separated them into the list, we began researching more areas and our score got better.

This would work great if the truck were pushed! Our flow team lead will not change up the wave at all so the same areas are scanned day after day. It is more than frustrating to have to beg them to push H & B and chemicals and know that they will save it until last and it won't get scanned.

For the past 5 weeks we have gotten to do in-stocks 3 days and because no one knows how to zone anymore...it's been a nightmare and therefore only about 1/3 of the store gets done. Rigs have been done about 3 out of the 7 days. Instocks starts at 8am -- there's huddle -- then smart huddle (which is usally doing stray) until 8:45am to 9am and then if we are lucky (which we haven't been) we can scan....remember we have only until 11am to do in-stocks. They don't care.

In-stocks usually is backstocking, working freight or doing stray the entire time. We are so red it's unbelieveable! The store is really messy and our inventory is coming up (mid=Sept)...yikes!:wacko:

I feel your pain. While we at least get to scan every day I have found it a struggle on our all store scan day. Equipment control is a joke in our store - no one can get it when they need it. My team (right now anyway) is coming in at 6:30 to do their scans, and sometimes they can't get a PDA until 7:30 because our overnight team always stays late (big point of contention for me but I digress). So there goes 1 hr. Now it's 7:30, they get equipment, you have 30 minutes, then a 20 minute huddle, then smart huddle which usually lasts til 9. Now you have two more hours to get through the store. I do what I can to help but where I also have B/R Day I have to split time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back