I'm Lost! Am I a slow pusher?

I've been working in toys since September.

This last Sunday about an hour into my shift my Team lead called me back to look at the line and told me he was concerned about my progress.
At this point I had finished 1 cart and 1 heaping basket of small bits and bobs re-shop, 1 full heaping 3 tier of toys (including some back-stock- the locations I had to repair EXF quantities for), and 1 partial 3 tier of street dated batman merch.

I then proceeded with another team member to finish about 7 U boats of toys in my 4.5 hr shift? Some absolutely stuffed and some less densely populated. I had someone helping but actually she had to go back up cashier and also for about 30 min was dealing with chocolate milk spilled all over toys-baby-home department in a trail. So it was like I was alone for about an hour of the shift.

Is about an hour too slow for 1 full cart and 1 basket of bits and bobs re-shop, and the 3 tiers of pulls that I was pushing when he told me he was "concerned"?

I am concerned if they want me to go much faster... especially around weekend crowds of guests.

Where can I improve my speed? Do I need to? Am I in trouble?

Love you all! Fight the good fight!

Our store used to insist on 50 boxes/hr which includes zoning and backstocking 🙄. Some days it’s achievable and some days not. It’s achievable if we are supposed to do only push zone and backstock. But in real life , we have to do our one for ones, backups, cleanup mess, reshop, attend calls and help guests with questions.
I would say on a typical day and that too for a 4.5 hr shift , you are doing ok if you finished your pulls, and approx 2-3 uboats of truck. I would say, unless asked, don’t do reshop before your truck is being pushed. Reshop takes so much more time.
Also while cleaning up mess always call for help if it takes too much time .
I believe you have no problem with your speed. It’s just that we have to deal with lot of different things. But it’s always good to ask for your TLs feedback so you ll get a better picture. Relax and continue working hard 😊😊

Thanks guys! Yeah last week there was a day I finished 200 locations of OFOs and their push (including EXF repairs on things that were already at capacity) and 2-3 U-boats or so... on a day with <100 OFOs I can get almost all 5-7 u-boats pushed. I made sure to explain my whereabouts to my leader and will definitely follow up. Also been learning more tricks about gaining speed (including reading the location and price on the box which guides me to location fastest)

One thing to watch out for is getting stuck in what I call the round robin of misplaced items. You're doing your re-shop when you find something in the wrong place - you take that thing to where it belongs and find something else in the wrong place - and so it goes.
Also, be selective in what you take time to fix on a day you have a lot of push to get through. A spill is something that definitely can't wait, but other stuff? One of my co-workers the other day spent way longer than she should have looking for a certain kind of peg in our mess of a fixture room, even though she had a pile of repacks to do. That peg wasn't critical, but she was determined!

Back