Archived am I being fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only been scheduled one day next week, which is Saturday. It is very odd for me to only be scheduled one day. Am I being let go?

but isn't that what they usually do when they are letting season people go? (I am not seasonal, but I do have attendance issues that might have made them decide to let me go)

but isn't that what they usually do when they are letting season people go? (I am not seasonal, but I do have attendance issues that might have made them decide to let me go)
It’s January, even people that have been there 10 years might be scheduled one day.

okay, I'll just show up to my shift tomorrow and see if anything is said. thanks!

If you aren’t seasonal they can’t just randomly let you go, you would have had to have multiple coaching and a CCA for your attendance. It might be why they’re scheduling you so little (everyone gets less hours in January, and so they want to make sure the hours they give go to people who will actually show up). The fact that you have less hours does not mean that you’ll be termed with the seasonals. It’s just a lack of hours. Look on the shift swap board for more.

I have only been scheduled one day next week, which is Saturday. It is very odd for me to only be scheduled one day. Am I being let go?
The same is happening to me. Two weeks from now I’m only scheduled one day. I am seasonal though but my season is over in March not January although I do not expect to get let go at the end of my season because my leader assured me not to worry about it if you have good attendance and performance which I do. It just seems weird to me that it’s only one day and it’s just a 4 hour shift (because it’s on a school day)

Majority of Target employees get shit hours in January because it’s the end of the fiscal year and they are trying their best to right their wrongs from the last 11 months. That being said, look at the swap shift board and answer your phone when they call if you want more hours.

full hours and vacation getting close to max... fml. I like alternating full weeks and weeks with only 4 or 3 days to keep me sane. strings off full 5 day weeks is not healthy for me brain.

The same is happening to me. Two weeks from now I’m only scheduled one day. I am seasonal though but my season is over in March not January although I do not expect to get let go at the end of my season because my leader assured me not to worry about it if you have good attendance and performance which I do. It just seems weird to me that it’s only one day and it’s just a 4 hour shift (because it’s on a school day)
The whole "season ends" thing is kind of a farce. That's the latest they can keep you before converting to permanent. When you were offered the job you signed a piece of paper stating that you're okay with being let go at any time, for any reason.

Sad to say, I'm actually glad that I only have one shift next week. My grad classes are starting up again in a couple weeks, and I am grateful to have some time to breathe. They will actually talk to you about staying or being let go if you are seasonal. Unless ASANTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back