Archived Am I Going To Get Fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must be completely stupid. The best thing would be for more people to know the keys are gone so that there are more eyes looking for them so that they are found. If its so damn important to find those damn keys then why not get more people looking for them. AND the TL who had them should by all rights be punished for having keys against company policy if policy does in fact dictate as such. Stop trying to cover everyone else's ass and just do whats right.

Being deceptive and sneaking around isn't the way to do things. **** like that shouldn't be happening. And you all ***** and complain about the secrecy and lying done by the big boys up stairs.... ****in hypocrites...

No, you must be completely stupid. The whole point is that it doesn't matter if the damn key was lost! The whole store doesn't need to be looking for a damn crown or wave key. Just a few years ago, they used to give them damn things to TMs to keep permanently.

Also - the TL did nothing wrong. The keys were given out like candy before they went nuts on key control. The company never asked for the keys back. So anyone who still has them has not technically violated any rules. (even though the new 20 year old ETLs wouldn't like it)

Now if this was an electronics key, store key, GSTL key, etc? Hell yes the whole store should be looking. But for the damn crown? Get real dude. All this guy did was get himself and a TL in trouble for no reason.

How was he supposed to know that the TL wasn't supposed to have those keys? I would have never known such a thing. If we lose keys, AP and/or the LOD wants to know right away at our store...especially when it temporarily happened on Black Friday!

Because by his own post - he said the TL told him they were *her* keys. That should be clue number one that these were not store keys that were lost. Anyone with half a brain, at the point the TL said that, would know that no one is going to find out about it unless you run and tattle to an ETL.

Sounds to me like the TL was basically saying to him "shut up about this. These are my personal keys. Help me find them". The dude at that point **** his pants, had a panic attack, and ran to the first ETL he saw. Why did he do this? No earthly idea. Sounds like something a 16 year old who never had a job before would do... but he says he is 23 years old, so I don't know where he was been.

And those keys AP worries about? They are not crown/wave keys. They are worried about electronics, GSTL, store keys.... Keys that could actually be used to steal target property. Trust me, no one is going to be driving the crown out the front door.

To the op, relax. Get focus & accept the burden of responsibility for losing the keys. Learn from this mistake, things happen.
Don't panic, stay calm. Say you are so sorry to your tl for starters. Then, accept any action taken according to best practice. If it happens again, report to your tl without delay.

A few months ago someone was covering electronics and lost his keys, they went into AP, watched the cameras for 5 minutes, came back out and 5 seconds later they found them. The latch for the key missed his belt loop and dropped in the toy isle.

Dang......your stores have put the fear of God into you all about keys.

This is only a baler key...

OP your going to be fine.

This thread is a good example of how different store cultures are. At my store, team leads and some team members have their own wave/crown keys and baler keys. Even ETL's keep their own personal keys. This is common knowledge around my store at all levels and no one bats an eyelash. From the tone of this thread, it seems like its a huge no-no elsewhere. One of my backroom tm's lost the key to the electronics stockroom a few days ago. Instead of being put on a coaching, counseling, or final warning, we all just joked about how the new set was coming out of her next paycheck. I suppose though that if my store got fined by OSHA like the other poster's store, that culture would quickly change

Edit: Scratch what I said. Made a noob mistake about posting before reading it all and assumed it was her personal home/car/work keys

Last edited:
Well here is what ended up happening...

I went in two days after the keys went missing and nobody said anything to me at the beginning of the shift. i assumed they were either found and there would be no further issue or they were gone for good and the team lead didnt want to bring it up anymore (Seeing as to how it was only a BALER AND CROWN KEY).

So I went about the shift like normal with nothing being said to me, then when it came time to punch out the LOD said she would like to have a word with me.. I was like "Oh okay, no problem."

It turns out the next day the keys were turned back in by some mystery person.. SO the TEAM LEAD HAS HER KEYS back

Yet

I had to sign a FINAL WARNING SLIP... Thats BullshIt in my opinion...

1.) The keys were found

2.) The keys arent official, I didnt have to sign them out.. theyre the team lead OWN PERSONAL SET

3.) They are JUST BALER & Crown keys

She gave me some speech on how it would cost the store $5,000 if they didnt get found... Im thinking "yeah ooooooookay...

Whatever though fuck them..

Ummm YOU lost them and got held accountable like you should, dont mess up the next 365 days. Im sure your tl got in trouble too.

I stand corrected. Your store is anal about its trash. LOL!

Easy 365. Just means you don't have to do trash. :))

As a FTL I had my own baler and crown keys on my key ring. I never gave out that ring but would pull off the baler key from the ring on occasion. My keyring had the store keys on them so they never left my pocket. A team member leaving the bale key in the baler and walking away was a written final notice for the year. We had someone termed for key control. Funny thing before I left I found an ETL's in the baler swinging with the whole set of keys to the store. I pocketed them and returned them 15 minutes later. They had no idea and got this funny look on their face and thanked me. Backroom only had 2 crown keys to share. If I was back there I would let someone borrow mine for a minute but never went very far until I got them back. I dont' know how many times I was asked to borrow my keys but I would tell them it wasn't allowed because I had the store key on it as a key holder.

Same thing happen to my favorite etl. I had his keys for a few minutes. Then I walked up to him with a smile & said, are you missing something? He laughed & takes the keys back.

There is no consitency in stores. In my store if it's just an equipment key you get a "be more careful" and move on. Twice since I've been here I have found 2 different ETL keys hanging in the bailer. I discretely returned them because the only reason they were there is because these particular ETL's were in the backroom doing cardboard and cleaning. No need for trouble because someone is busy helping and had a momentary brainlapse.

I went in two days after the keys went missing and nobody said anything to me at the beginning of the shift. i assumed they were either found and there would be no further issue or they were gone for good and the team lead didnt want to bring it up anymore (Seeing as to how it was only a BALER AND CROWN KEY).

So I went about the shift like normal with nothing being said to me, then when it came time to punch out the LOD said she would like to have a word with me.. I was like "Oh okay, no problem."

It turns out the next day the keys were turned back in by some mystery person.. SO the TEAM LEAD HAS HER KEYS back

Yet

1.) The keys were found

2.) The keys arent official, I didnt have to sign them out.. theyre the team lead OWN PERSONAL SET

She gave me some speech on how it would cost the store $5,000 if they didnt get found... Im thinking "yeah ooooooookay...

You made a mistake, and while I think it's an excessive punishment against you, it might have something to do with:

a) the way you handled it
b) the way the leadership thinks about you prior to this situation, although I wouldn't know for sure since I don't work there. They will come down hard on people who they don't like, whether it's that they don't work hard, they don't like personally, etc. Judging by this post, you're clearly reacting very poorly to what happened to you and that might very well be a reflection of you at your job before this occurred.

Yet

1.) The keys were found

they are actually right about it costing $5,000, because they would have to replace ALL the keys and locks in the store. but its just a baler and crown key so idk they r just talking S*** . just be glad that you didnt lose electronic keys or a master key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back