Archived Am i going too slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on the 6am flow team. My boss has been putting me by myself to get pickups, bowl the product, push and do the morning pulls in a section. At first I was in toys and was able to do everything just fine with no help until around 7:40 when a truck unloader would help with the last few boxes. However I've recently been placed in market, by myself. I have no time to push in between pickups and thus a lot piles up on the floor. All the pushers are in hba, chemicals, or softlines and I have no idea why I'm not getting any help from those people (or my boss) until the truck is unloaded at 7:20. Is there any reason they aren't giving me a person to help me with market? Am I supposed to do it all myself?

If he's putting you there by yourself, he is either A) very short staffed and needs you to go as fast as lightning or B) you are pretty good so he figures you can handle it.

Just do the best you can.

Yep, it sounds like it's part of the process, at least for now. Your TL probably just wants someone on the floor so it's bowled out by the time the truck is done. I'm assuming your unload team waves market after the truck. I can't imagine a scenario where you're supposed to clear market all by yourself.

Maintain a good pace and be sure you're keeping up. If you're going faster than a box a minute, you're doing what you're expected to as far as speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back