Archived Am i making the right amount?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am listed as a guest service team member at pay grade 3. I started out as a cashier but now spend my time doing 8 hour shifts closing the market section of the store doing pulls and zoning. I started and I still am making $8.00/hr which is $.15 above Ohio's minimum wage.

Yes. You are working on the sales floor which is also a N03 pay grade. If you talk to HR they can update it so it reflects that you are Sales Floor, but the pay won't change.

Used to be 7.75 at my store, 8.00 now though. Wonder if all targets bumped starting pay a bit?

Of course i never saw a dime since i was over the minimum... had new tms making almost as much as me after 4 years lol.

Just an FYI - if you took a new ETLs pay and made it hourly, it would come to $26/hour.

Really puts things in perspective.

Just an FYI - if you took a new ETLs pay and made it hourly, it would come to $26/hour.

That depends upon the ETL. We have some that put in well over 40 hours a week and probably make less than some of our pg3's.

If you are at a Super Target and working in market, you might actually be able to get into a higher paygrade. I am not as familiar with Pfresh, but market at a SuperT is a higher paygrade than regular sales floor. It is not a lot (maybe 25 cents), but every little bit helps. I would encourage you to at least ask your HR.

Depends on what you are calculating as the number of hours they work. The avg. ETL week is about 50 hours. Some work more, and some work less, but 50 is what the avg would. A brand new ETL makes approx. 45k-50k depending on the market that they work in. This works out to approx 2500 of work-time a year, which is only $18-$20 per hour. I have plenty of TLs that make way more than that, and don't have the same impact on the store.

Depends on what you are calculating as the number of hours they work. The avg. ETL week is about 50 hours. Some work more, and some work less, but 50 is what the avg would. A brand new ETL makes approx. 45k-50k depending on the market that they work in. This works out to approx 2500 of work-time a year, which is only $18-$20 per hour. I have plenty of TLs that make way more than that, and don't have the same impact on the store.

Yeah. After my time at Target, I've decided that being a Sr.TL or even a higher level TL (Food, AP, etc.) is the place to be at the store level. 40 hits, peace out!

Yeah. After my time at Target, I've decided that being a Sr.TL or even a higher level TL (Food, AP, etc.) is the place to be at the store level. 40 hits, peace out!

Best TLs jobs are: 1)APTL 2) HRTL 3) Deli TL 4) Bakery TL---after that they all have some good and bad things about them. These are the four jobs I would be looking at if I would trying to get a TL position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back