Archived Amazon bought Whole Foods

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoWork

Probably a Sociopath
Last edited:
You can see the writing on the wall for target slowly but surely.

Target vs wal-mart vs Amazon will not end well for this company with the way things keep going.

We're in the middle of a revamp of how our processes work. I'd say let's wait and see how this works company wide before judging.

I say this in almost every thread where someone claims Target will go out of business: Some of y'all are way too damn pessimistic.

We're in the middle of a revamp of how our processes work. I'd say let's wait and see how this works company wide before judging.

I say this in almost every thread where someone claims Target will go out of business: Some of y'all are way too damn pessimistic.
I'm a realist. Not like I'm saying anything to crazy. I'll wait and see how this revamp (that has failed my store ) will work.

I'd argue that not all processes, especially one as complex as e2e, can be successful immediately. It will take lots of tweaking and feedback for it to succeed. A rollout of this scale will never go flawlessly. Amazon's delivery service still has tons of issues despite being in my area for a year. Consider it growing pains, but on a huge scale.

Besides, a shakeup like this was needed. Target and Walmart were encroaching on Amazon's business, and now Amazon has fired back. Competition is a good thing for both consumers and (necessary)employees, and that's what we'll see in the coming years.

I have to admit I was dismayed when I saw this news. With Amazon's delivery service, I think it'll make it even harder for the grocery part of Target to flourish. We have instacart in for store and that helps.

Agreed. This is how I look at it though. If Safeway (Vons, Albertsons) can stay in business despite charging more than double on the same shit we sell at Target, then Target isn't going anywhere.

Agreed. This is how I look at it though. If Safeway (Vons, Albertsons) can stay in business despite charging more than double on the same shit we sell at Target, then Target isn't going anywhere.

Hell, in my area, Safeway can't compete with Giant's Peapod delivery yet Safeway still has stores.

Fuck me now.

1024x1024.jpg

Albertsons, Safeway gone in my part of the world.

Target could easily get into the grocery game if :

1. Invested hours to the grocery team.
2. Hired more TM and paid them competitive wages.
3. Hold TM accountable for checking for expiration dates.
4. Asked Guests what would make them shop at Target for groceries and listened.
5. Better produce and products on the shelves.

Oh man. This is why unions have been formed. 67 cents/week wtf. I wouldn't sit on a toilet for a company for 67 cents a week. He was literally just working to buy that truck and the company was taking all of that right back and shiting on him.

That's why Wally World has curbside service on groceries. Anything else for pickup, you need go to the back of the store & get it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back