Archived An article the geniuses at Corporate should read...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Also, it means that abusive people get better treatment and conditions than nice people."

This sentence reminds me of the Retail comic where poor Marla has to explain that senior citizens and military members don't get a discount, but a person who throws a fit and threatens to call corporate does!

In a way, working at Target is kind of scary because of this misguided ideology. It means that a "guest" can treat you like shit, and you can do nothing to stick up for yourself. I work with that constant fear in the background, the fear that a customer can stomp on my self-esteem and twist their heel, and according to Spot, it's their right do so.

I have to add that them not supporting TMs did not start with Be Bold. I can count times when an ETL/LOD had a TM's back on one hand. It scares me too.

I have never, ever agreed with the whole "The customer is always right" bulls***, even from the very first day of my first job 18 years ago. This is also why I could not be a GSTL and why I had no interest in being an ETL (I do have a degree). I'd be fired after a week. If someone were to act like a complete ass, I would tell them to STFU and GTFO - I'm a human being, not some piece of **** smeared on their shoe. Show some decency.

On the other hand, when the company and management consistently side with customers instead of with employees, it sends a clear message that:

• Employees are not valued
  • Treating employees fairly is not important
  • Employees have no right to respect from customers
  • Employees have to put up with everything from customers

I think these bullets accurately define Target.

Wow! The c-word is hardcore. You are really mad when you say that in public. I would ban the guest for a year for saying that.

Wow! The c-word is hardcore. You are really mad when you say that in public. I would ban the guest for a year for saying that.

We had a guest call a GSA the c-word, the n-word and everything else in between last month at guest services because she declined to return something she (the guest) had just grabbed off the shelf. I felt really bad because I was GSA that night, but couldn't get off back up in time to get over there to help her out.

On the other hand, when the company and management consistently side with customers instead of with employees, it sends a clear message that:

are you seeing this corporate. cause you need to

I'm sure they see it; they. just. don't. care.

I have never, ever agreed with the whole "The customer is always right" bulls***, even from the very first day of my first job 18 years ago. This is also why I could not be a GSTL and why I had no interest in being an ETL (I do have a degree). I'd be fired after a week. If someone were to act like a complete ass, I would tell them to STFU and GTFO - I'm a human being, not some piece of **** smeared on their shoe. Show some decency.
I've had guests start swearing at me in the pharmacy...I don't put up with it. I don't swear back, but I let them know they won't speak to me that way. I had one guest call me a bitch and I thanked her, which only pissed her off more :D They threaten to transfer their prescriptions....I ask them where they'd like them transferred to....I figure Spot doesn't pay me enough to put up with that kind of BS ;)

I'm sure they see it; they. just. don't. care.

Spot is very selective in its perusal of the forum.

I had a guest just the other day go off on me randomly (literally could not figure out why) while helping her get a tracfone. She asked for the cheapest phone/plan, so I showed her. She then asked if I was Jewish or just prejudiced? Asked if I was a manager and said I was rude. I asked if she wanted a manager (and at this point I wanted one but we only had 2 people besides me in electronics at the time on the floor and he couldn't reapond) because the situation was getting out of hand. She told me she didn't want one and she "didn't know why I was getting upset, I'm fatter than you are." All I was doing was ringing her up for the phone she said she wanted.

I then voided the transaction and told her I wouldn't help her any longer and if she wanted the phone she could go up to Guest Services. She had a look of shock on her face as I walked away. I don't care if I end up getting in trouble for that, I am not going to be verbally abused by a guest and them think it's okay.

I had a guest just the other day go off on me randomly (literally could not figure out why) while helping her get a tracfone. She asked for the cheapest phone/plan, so I showed her. She then asked if I was Jewish or just prejudiced? Asked if I was a manager and said I was rude. I asked if she wanted a manager (and at this point I wanted one but we only had 2 people besides me in electronics at the time on the floor and he couldn't reapond) because the situation was getting out of hand. She told me she didn't want one and she "didn't know why I was getting upset, I'm fatter than you are." All I was doing was ringing her up for the phone she said she wanted.

I then voided the transaction and told her I wouldn't help her any longer and if she wanted the phone she could go up to Guest Services. She had a look of shock on her face as I walked away. I don't care if I end up getting in trouble for that, I am not going to be verbally abused by a guest and them think it's okay.

WTF!?

I would have told her; yes, I am Jewish.
Now you can find somebody else to help your antisemitic ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back