Archived Android Autofill Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is for all you backroom folks that enjoy looking at your autofill pull times.
I am a computer science student and decided to write a program to preform auto time calculations.

It requires: an android phone, a notepad document of the autotimes( i just copy them from workbench into a notepad document--DO NOT include the totals at the bottom), a team lead or someone in the store that can email the notepad document. After that you just open the app input the time you started pulling, ended pulling and hit a few buttons and it generates a simple document.

Attached are examples of the original data copied from workbench into a notepad doc (originaldata) and the document rendered by the app (calcAutos). I have been using it at my store for about a month now, and it works pretty well, though there are some bugs. I would like to know if any one else out there would be interested in this app. If you are let me know, just message me and i will give you a deeper explanation of everything that app does, detailed instructions on how to use that app, and the .apk. The app is not currently on the playstore or anything, i honestly don't even know if people would be interested in this and i still have a few bugs to work out.

Attachments

• OriginalData.txt
    2 KB · Views: 60
  • calcAutos.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 51
I'm confused. What does the app do?
It gives you a clean view of how each individual team member did while pulling there batches. If you look at the data on workbench is scattered and hard to derive any useful information other than batch by batch. This app organizes the data so you can get a better view at how the team did overall and how each team member did. I am still working on a few things and will maybe add some more in later. If you look at the two documents you can see more of what i mean.

This would be immensely helpful for BR TLs and ETL LOGs/Replenishment. I will probably never need it, but it's awesome that you put something like this together. Serious kudos.

This would be immensely helpful for BR TLs and ETL LOGs/Replenishment. I will probably never need it, but it's awesome that you put something like this together. Serious kudos.
Thank you. It is true that most TMs wont have much use for it, other than for fun and bragging rights. I am also the BR team trainer, so the information i get is useful at gauging how well new TMs are doing and potential areas where they can improve. On more of a daily basis though, we use it for competitive fun.

So you're able to see who pulled the most dpci's and eaches in the shortest period of time? How do you compete when we all know that certain items take longer to pull?

So you're able to see who pulled the most dpci's and eaches in the shortest period of time? How do you compete when we all know that certain items take longer to pull?
It has the batch listed, so you can account for batch differences. It would be easy to put this info into excel and see apples to apples comparisons.

Anyone interested in downloading can get it HERE you will see a readme, example doc, and the apk.

So TM 1 pulls 10 dpci's and 10 eaches of ELEC faster than TM 2 pulls 10 dpci's and 10 eaches of FURN. They pull the same fill groups every day. This tells me nothing.

So TM 1 pulls 10 dpci's and 10 eaches of ELEC faster than TM 2 pulls 10 dpci's and 10 eaches of FURN. They pull the same fill groups every day. This tells me nothing.

There's no perfect way to compare TMs but it does make it easier to see when TM 1 pulls 20 batches and 100 DPCIs in the same time that TM 2 pulls 20 batches and 50 DPCIs. A good TL will note the various fill groups pulled, the backroom layout and who was responding to calls/FF to decide if someone isn't pulling their weight.

Backroom81, that is a great explanation. I'm not rewriting the algorithms that calculate goal times for pulls. It simply arranges the data that already exists for simple viewing. If anyone has any suggestions for other options to add, let me know and I'll try to add it. I work on the app when I can. I am a fulltime student and have a full time job. This app was my idea and developed completely on my own time.

When I assess team member productivity I look at the batch, FURN takes longer to pull than HB01. It's bulky, and often needs the usage of the wave or crown stacker. FURN can also be in the light duty in the stockroom as well as in the bulk stockroom. And this was when I was on flow. Now they you need to add in having to stop for flexible fulfillment orders. There is no truly efficient way to use the reports available to the team that we have available. The clock begins when you (A)pply the batch, and ends when the batch is complete.

I think it starts when you scan the first location.

I think the BRLA TM Detail report is pretty efficient for comparing TMs. Just have to decide if all baffles are equal or if m-delete and y-usage are the only ones that should be looked at. I think they should be equal because you're still an idiot if you can't locu properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back