Archived Anniversary gift?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a anniversary coming up and someone mentioned you get a gift ( sometimes you order something from the website) sometimes they give you a giftcard but I know with Gregg stepping down and the security breach who knows they probably don't do it anymore. Has anyone gotten a anniversary gift since the Gregg stepped down??

S

SpotSpondee

On my 5th I got a nifty sweatshirt. My 7th is coming up and won't be recognized Bc I left for 5 mos and came back as a new tl. So I basically celebrated a one year recently.

lovecats

Free At Last!
If I remember right I got a giftcard for my 1 yr back in 2007. I could order something for my 3 yr (I got a pen) and for my 5 year I got a (I think it's called) portfolio. Since I quit before I made 10 yrs don't know what they do for that any more.

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
I got a decent messenger bag for my third year and I really do not understand why they got rid of it.
In this day and age encouraging employee loyalty isn't easy and a small token doesn't cost much but can go a long way.

Though a wad of cash or stock in the company would probably work better.

StaticSun

Former Front-End Guru
Staff member
Administrator
I also got the messenger bag for year 3.

Deli Ninja

Formerly Softlines Ninja (Now in Deli Flavor)!
You can now get the messenger bag on your 5 year, as I've learned recently.

No 5 year sweatshirt anymore? What's this all for? What have I been working toward?

mrknownothing

purveyor of things
I got nothing for my 3rd last year. I got a card signed by the ETLs and some of the TLs for my 1st.

Now that I think about it, I believe I got the messenger back as well for year 3.
For year 5 I got a stupid golf umbrella. It's black and white and at the end of the handle is a rubber Spot dog that always falls off. At the time, there was only like 5 things to choose from.
For year 8 (this year) no one said a freakin' word. Thanks for nothing. Yup, nailed them to the wall on that section in the best team survey.

My messenger bag acquired a big hole in it after 9 months. Into the trash it went!

I just past my ten year anniversary and got nothing, not card or any sort of acknowledgement of it.

When I was in HR we had a Logistics TL who got a $50 giftcard. (They come to the store from corporate about halfway through the previous month). This is so managers can sign it and stuff. It's a big card like thing with the gc inside. Anyway, it took them FOREVERRRRRR to get this done. And by forever I mean like over a month. I thought this was ridiculous and would bring it up whenever I could.
Maybe you could call corporate and ask if an anniversary gift/giftcard was ever sent to your HR manager..... For $50 I sure would.

I don't remember what I got for my first, third or fifth year anniversary...I remember a pen set that did not last long one year. I also remember getting a card signed by the etls a few times.

My 10th year I got a code to spend $50 ordering something online from the website. A year or so later they switched to giftcards that could be used online or in the store.

For my 15 year I got a $75 gift card...a couple of my coworkers just hit 20 years and got a $100 giftcard. I have two years to go before I hit 20 years.

thetargetman

I am a Guest once again!
For my five year I got a very nice red coffee mug, it is simple but hey it is nice to be recognized. next year is my 10th. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.