Archived Another Beauty thread. I'm considering quitting, I can't do this anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came from a different Target store (one of the busiest stores in the country) and the beauty TM was standing next to this elaborate display. I walked by 3 times and not a single time did she smile, say hi or even acknowledge my presence even though I made eye contact. She looked out of place and uncomfortable and was, most definitely, not selling a single blessed thing even though there were gobs of people milling around. To me, that is a waste of hours.

Seriously...give all those hours to Market except the pushing hours. God knows we need all the hours we can get

I worked this weekend and our Beauty TM literally stood at the sample table all day. I walked by 3-4 times and she never said a word to me until the last time. I was leaving today, had my coat over my scrubs, and asked if the samples were available to take. She said “yeah,” and basically turned the other way. I never saw her speak to another guest, either, even though there were plenty in the area. As I was walking away, another lady walked up, said, “OOHHHH! What’s this?” She said, “samples...” and again, turned away. I have never seen her engage a guest about a product or show ANY enthusiasm whatsoever about her job. I know we all have bad days, but if you hate your job so much, why stay?

I worked this weekend and our Beauty TM literally stood at the sample table all day. I walked by 3-4 times and she never said a word to me until the last time. I was leaving today, had my coat over my scrubs, and asked if the samples were available to take. She said “yeah,” and basically turned the other way. I never saw her speak to another guest, either, even though there were plenty in the area. As I was walking away, another lady walked up, said, “OOHHHH! What’s this?” She said, “samples...” and again, turned away. I have never seen her engage a guest about a product or show ANY enthusiasm whatsoever about her job. I know we all have bad days, but if you hate your job so much, why stay?
I know absolutely nothing about beauty and I could do so much better then that.. if you don’t know what the products are, read the bottle and find out really fast. Encourage people to try them and tell them about the sales in beauty.. jeez some people man

My whole store actually (the rest of hardlines) starts E2E actually tomorrow. Tomorrow every department takes/will take care of their own backstock. There will no longer be any backroom team anymore.

HR actually takes hours from Beauty to give other departments, we can tell by looking at the daily grid. Some TM from for example Softlines are unfsr Beauty.
I can't say it will work (we were ok until payroll vanish and it just collapsed.) however, those that were BR hopefully are doing areas that are br heavy so BR doesnt get too fubar. Keep a person who knows pog and a pricing person. Keep a person doing signage.
Oh, and may the odds ever be in your favor.

Case in point: the beauty “sample” table. A TM is supposed to be hovering near this table to introduce product and offer tips and push beauty sales. How is this even plausible? The only beauty table thing I did my entire shift was set it up. The rest was devoted to pushing leftover freight from the past 3 days, backing up the lanes, answering phone calls and call boxes. To think I would just kill a shift manning the beauty table is ridiculous and a complete waste of my time and Spots $.
The concept behind the table is sound. The problem once again is staffing. There is supposed to be more than one there when you do it. If you do the table, some else does freight. Its supposed to be a high traffic day, and you are supposed to grab the guests as they enter to talk about the makeup you are pushing. Its all supposed to be natural and organic.

Over course in my experience in retail, doing that is the equivalent of launching a fish in the air and expecting it to fly like a bird.

Our store only uses the table when we have double coverage in beauty. So if there are two tms It does make sense to have one run the table while the other does the task. We have a mid on Fridays Saturdays and Sundays during peak hours.

Stores are required to staff beauty open to close. Some don't use mids at all.

Even if you don't use mids that's 100 plus hours per week. I don't get how there isn't time to get your job done considering how little freight there is compared to other work centers
Ours is one of them. Its funny. If I am closing and there is a beauty call out I have to do cosmetics pimping.

(sadly, I know too much about it because I write teen fiction)

I just came from a different Target store (one of the busiest stores in the country) and the beauty TM was standing next to this elaborate display. I walked by 3 times and not a single time did she smile, say hi or even acknowledge my presence even though I made eye contact. She looked out of place and uncomfortable and was, most definitely, not selling a single blessed thing even though there were gobs of people milling around. To me, that is a waste of hours.
Its a failure of oversight. He/she is definitely not doing their job and its time to have a discussion about what job entails.

When our beauty table is up (weekends only I think), it just sits unattended all day. Just an ugly eyesore and blocks the aisle. Needs to be gotten rid of if you ask me..

(sadly, I know too much about it because I write teen fiction)
Seriously, @Flow Warrior, that is probably one of the last things I would have expected you to post!

Good for you!

Now, let me guess, are they are about a group of young adults, working for a dystopian retailer, where they have to fight for hours to live and survive the random whim directives of their overloads? In other words, writing about what you know!:p

Seriously, @Flow Warrior, that is probably one of the last things I would have expected you to post!

Good for you!

Now, let me guess, are they are about a group of young adults, working for a dystopian retailer, where they have to fight for hours to live and survive the random whim directives of their overloads? In other words, writing about what you know!:p
teen mermaids that are the illuminati, and one is a teen pop star. (shh Taylor swift is a mermaid)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back