Archived Answering call requests?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay this is going to sound pathetic, but I am a backroom team member and I was never shown how to clear a guest request through the phones or the electronics call button. Is there a button on the phone I have to press to clear it or do I just hang it up? Sorry for the dumb question I was just caught off guard today and would like to know.

Phones in my store have a button on the right side - press and hold until you hear the all clear. Callboxes - push the flashing clear plastic on top towards the back and hold.

Callboxes: TiedAndDropped nailed it. Those are easy to clear.

Phones: It depends on your store's phone system. If the phone has a small button on the side, try pressing that to clear the request. If that doesn't clear it or there is no button, then pick up the phone, wait for the automated voice to start talking, then hang up.

Thanks for the info about picking up the receiver. Didn't know about that, and we have at least one phone where the button isn't reliable.

How do you take a call from the phones on the sale floor? There are older ones that you just pick up and type in the number but the ones on the floor don't do that...

How do you take a call from the phones on the sale floor? There are older ones that you just pick up and type in the number but the ones on the floor don't do that...

If you're talking about the red service phones, it depends on your phone system. If you use the 33 system, pick up the phone, dial 33 (or whatever line the call is parked on), and start talking. If you use the 2280 system, pick up the phone, wait for the automated voice to start talking, then hit # and 2280 (or whatever line the call is parked on). You'll hear three beeps, and when you start to hear noise in the background, you can start talking.

If you're using a non-service phone (i.e. electronics, guest service, checklanes, offstage), you should be able to just dial the extension.

"I can't get a call to park on the 2280 system to save my life."

Me either! I follow the directions on the door, but it always hangs up on the guest. :mad:

from our salesfloor, you can't dial 2280, we have to go to the dressing rooms where the operator is and take the call from there. Which sucks because if you're clear on the back side of the store, its a bit of a walk lol!! Some guests on the phone are not that patient

"I can't get a call to park on the 2280 system to save my life."

Me either! I follow the directions on the door, but it always hangs up on the guest. :mad:

Same here. I just end up setting the handset down on the nearest shelf and hope some kid doesn't start talking on it.

Flash 218X (X=0-4) works on ours. Flash 2180, wait for 3 beeps, then hang up.

If only the red phones had a flash button. When I use a cordless, I don't bother putting the call on hold because I can just walk around with the phone.

from our salesfloor, you can't dial 2280, we have to go to the dressing rooms where the operator is and take the call from there. Which sucks because if you're clear on the back side of the store, its a bit of a walk lol!! Some guests on the phone are not that patient

It sounds like your sales floor phones are down and need to be fixed. That happens at my store fairly often, so if I have to take a call, I make a beeline for electronics because they have a bunch of cordless handsets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back