Archived Answering guest phone calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been working soft lines for two weeks now and never had to answer a call but now they switched me to hardlines for two days and I have no idea how to pick up the phone plus I don't think I will be any help to the guest calling because I know absolutely nothing about hardlines

Our phones stink. I have to press the star key twice so I get a ring tone and then 22 and whatever the number is on. Ask someone what phone system is used at your store. It takes time to know where every thing is at. Hang in there.

And be happy you're in hardlines. I prefer that. Work in softlines never ends and my current team is not so good.

There are two different phone systems: the 33 system and the 2280 system.

33 system: If the operator says "XYZ, you have a call on 33," pick up the phone, dial 33, and start talking. To put the call on hold, press the receiver button quickly so you hear a funny tone (not the dial tone - if you hear that, you hung up), dial 33 or whatever line you're parking the call on (34, 35, 36), and hang up the phone.

To clear an indyme (call button request) on a phone that uses the 33 system, press the small button on the side of the phone.

2280 system: If the operator says "XYZ, you have a call on 2280," pick up the phone, wait for the automated voice to start talking, then dial #2280. You'll hear three beeps, then when you start to hear background noise, you can start talking. To put the call on hold, press the receiver button so you hear the dial tone, dial 2180 or whatever line you're parking the call on (2181, 2182, 2183, etc.), and hang up the phone.

To clear an indyme on a phone that uses the 2280 system, pick up the phone, wait for the automated voice to start talking, and hang it up.

I have the 2280 system, but we still have buttons on the side of the phone.

I have the 2280 system, but we still have buttons on the side of the phone.

Do they still work for you? When we switched to the 2280 system, we kept the same phones, but the buttons on the side don't clear the indymes anymore.

That's how we clear them. They clear, but there is a bit of a delay. Maybe 4-5 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back