Archived Any advice on how to write resume for multiple position job at Spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm looking to write up my first resume and get myself out there for a new job (after many years, I am through with retail!).

I was wondering, how would I go about listing my positions at Spot on a resume? In the six years I've worked here, I've been a cashier, GSTM, FA TM and PA. Should I go with the best position and list that as all the years, or would a progession of promotions look better? I need some good "enhancing" phrases to write too...core responsibilities for a PA that would look awesome on a resume. A PA position at our store is an upward mobility kind of job (they usually hire TM's they want to promote to TL in the future) and we're pretty much left alone to manage our own department (to fabulous results). I want to emphasize the responsibility and proactive decision-making I've had to make and how it has positively impacted operations.

Any advice? :D I'm excited to start job hunting...ideally I'd like to be out of Spot in the next month or so, but I know it may take time to land the job that I want. At the very least, I may transfer to another retail position with better pay until I can land the kind of long-term job that I want. But, I am doing well at Spot so I may just grit it out until then. I WILL be gone by next fourth quarter though; this I have sworn, lol.

Darn it, so I can't talk about how good I was vibing with the guests? ;) JK!

Yep, I know that. Figuring out how to translate Spot-Speak to Normal-Speak is fun.

I have seen resumes where people list the different positions separately to show a succession. This works especially well if you don't have many employers.

It depends on the job you're applying for. You want to pull the skills learned at Target and apply it to the job that you want.

Spot is the only "real" job I've held (did a stint as a nanny but it was super short) so showing that I've been promoted almost every year I've worked here would probably be good. Show that I'm always learning and growing and while I've stayed with the same company, I haven't been staying at one level.

I've been EVERYWHERE in our store (cashier, GSTM, GSA, SL, HL, electronics, market, flow, BR, instocks, pricing, plano) and I condensed it all into "guest service TM", "salesfloor TM", and "logistics TM". I condensed all my duties into three or four bullet points per position. Sometimes I'll change what duties I put in there based on where I'm applying (a call center position would get more emphasis on my phone skills and customer service skills, a factory position would get more emphasis on my speed and accuracy, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back