COVID-19 Any employees test positive for COVID-19?

Well thats terrifying -_- but also given spots lovely obsession with screwing people a good cautionary statement.

But a good point bwcause my sd made it clear not to be tested until the 10 day mark which was kind of weird. Im pretty confused atm. Unless this is all mixed up because I had vacation next week?
I'm not sure if the process has changed since last year, but I thought I had covid. Even though I had 2 different tests come back negative, I had to stay out for the full 10 days. I was not allowed to come back even though the results were negative and I had gotten over the ill-timed cold I had. I think it is probably Target being cautious because after 10 days you are no longer contagious even if you do have covid.

I'm not sure why your sd said not to get tested until the 10 day mark, because sometimes test results can take a few days to come back. So that would mean that if they come back negative you missed a few days of work needlessly. Your vacation could be throwing off the process a bit. I would suggest calling the Target Leaves and Disability line, they can probably give you a more accurate idea of how you should proceed.

I hadnt even though of the Leaves line thank you! I am going to get tested early next week I think unless I begin showing symptoms. We do not even have an HR at the moment so I cant even call the store and get info 🙄
I mean I appreciate the caution I have a sibling with disabilities and vulnerable parents so its not like I havent been taking my own precautions. Its just jarring lol. Appreciate all of you responding!

Also to add my vacation is a staycation. I always take a week off before Q4 to mentslly prepare and catch up on the 40+ books I have to read so I have no plans to go anywhere anyway. Not that I would knowing about the possible infection anyway 🙄

Last edited:
Testing without symptoms is encouraged because that way people can be caught while pre-symptomatic.
valid point. I will make an appt at a site near me to get tested tomorrow. Thats the 5 day mark since I last worked with the tm. That should be a good time to know right?

edit: well our local librariws have free take home tests so hopefully I will know by the weekend. Thank you all!!!!

Last edited:
Handful of them last few weeks now. No signs of deep cleaning or shutdown. Just masks required for employees and vendors

Guess who didnt get paid XD ah its only a good day when your boss lies to you 🙄 called the leave line totally unhelpful. So got foeced to stsy home with no pay for just shy of 2 wks. I didnt want to pay rent nope who needs a roof 😶 on the plus side I am negative so thats good at least.

Back