COVID-19 Any employees test positive for COVID-19?

124342386_10159292915208643_7295245856395064175_o.jpg

I completely agree with the break room cleaning part. Our break room shared with the orientation room . So if there is an orientation , the break room area reduces to half . Mostly those times, the tables would be sometimes left out like a kindergartner has done their lunch ! Some people still do cleaning and disinfecting with wipes . If our HR is there, she always makes sure that there is plenty of cleaning materials. But weekends , it’s not guaranteed!
It’s an ongoing battle trying to keep the break room clean and the cleaning supplies stocked. We have signs all over about social distancing and I still see employees huddled around tables.

Wait now, what's this about a text when team members have Covid?!?!
I have NEVER been informed of any team members having it at my store. No text, no announcement, no nothing!
I was informed, personally, by 4 different team members that I worked directly (close contact) with....AFTER THEIR RETURN FROM QUARANTINE.
I know of SEVERAL other employees that tested positive, but were not in my work area.
I'm a little fixated with the use of sanitizer. A bit germ-a-phobic, long before Covid. I think my own actions kept me free of illness.
I am positive that my store doesn't give a rats ass if we all die. As long as we train our replacements before stumbling out the door.

I have NEVER been informed of any team members having it at my store. No text, no announcement, no nothing!
I was informed, personally, by 4 different team members that I worked directly (close contact) with....AFTER THEIR RETURN FROM QUARANTINE.
I know of SEVERAL other employees that tested positive, but were not in my work area.
I'm a little fixated with the use of sanitizer. A bit germ-a-phobic, long before Covid. I think my own actions kept me free of illness.
I am positive that my store doesn't give a rats ass if we all die. As long as we train our replacements before stumbling out the door.
Eh the texts aren’t even that helpful. They don’t tell you what time they were in the store, just the day, and you have no way of knowing if you were in direct contact with the person. But you’re right, people who take the right precautions have a much better chance at staying virus-free.

Eh the texts aren’t even that helpful. They don’t tell you what time they were in the store, just the day, and you have no way of knowing if you were in direct contact with the person. But you’re right, people who take the right precautions have a much better chance at staying virus-free.
Then check the swap board to see if 2 weeks of shifts have been posted. Even if there’s no name listed you can get the work center and check the grid.

If you had direct contact with them then you should have been notified. The "abundance of caution" notifications are for those that didn't work in close contact with those that test positive, but if you, say, worked the service desk with someone who tested positive on their last day in the store, you should be notified directly for contact tracing purposes.

Should.

If you had direct contact with them then you should have been notified. The "abundance of caution" notifications are for those that didn't work in close contact with those that test positive, but if you, say, worked the service desk with someone who tested positive on their last day in the store, you should be notified directly for contact tracing purposes.

Should.
I can attest to the fact that this actual thing did happen and only an abundance of caution text was sent.

Do they have your cellphone number on file? A boomer TM I work with didn’t get the one text I got because she doesn’t have her cellphone number in the system, just her landline number.

Do they have your cellphone number on file? A boomer TM I work with didn’t get the one text I got because she doesn’t have her cellphone number in the system, just her landline number.
Oh yes, they have my phone number. I've been called from the store, from HR cell phone & SD cell phone....when they need something. Also, a few TLs have my number too.

Then check the swap board to see if 2 weeks of shifts have been posted. Even if there’s no name listed you can get the work center and check the grid.
Swap board? We only swap via Kronos. All requests have to be "in-person" thru HR. We use Kronos to see if anyone volunteers to take our shift, but we both need to go into HR to ask for it. Then she does the swapping in the system.

We got our first text today. It isn't our first case though, but it was the first case that qualified to tell everyone.

Somewhat related question for anyone who has been instructed to quarantine: Do you just call out for two weeks or is there something more formal?

My kid's teacher was sent home yesterday with Covid symptoms. Still waiting on results, so it may not be Covid, but I assume we'll be asked to quarantine if she's positive.

TBH I won't much mind that, as shit's scary out there and I have no problem hunkering down at home right now. My ETL said as long as I'm not symptomatic she didn't care, but...I do, so...

Maybe if my store's TMs weren't so generally cavalier about precautions in the store (which makes me quite certain they're even more cavalier outside the store), I'd be less concerned, but I have zero faith in many people's adhering to the rules or staying home when sick.

Somewhat related question for anyone who has been instructed to quarantine: Do you just call out for two weeks or is there something more formal?

My kid's teacher was sent home yesterday with Covid symptoms. Still waiting on results, so it may not be Covid, but I assume we'll be asked to quarantine if she's positive.

TBH I won't much mind that, as shit's scary out there and I have no problem hunkering down at home right now. My ETL said as long as I'm not symptomatic she didn't care, but...I do, so...

Maybe if my store's TMs weren't so generally cavalier about precautions in the store (which makes me quite certain they're even more cavalier outside the store), I'd be less concerned, but I have zero faith in many people's adhering to the rules or staying home when sick.

I would call in for the two weeks if the teacher is positive. This is exactly the behavior being asked of Minnesotans right now and it sets a great example for your kid about being responsible/aware of how one's actions can have good or bad consequences.

My daughter is learning this the hard way. Her district just announced a switch to full distance learning at the end of the month. She's crushed.

Yeah, they're moving elementary to full time distance here, as well. I think most districts are, at least around the metro.

Yeah, they're moving elementary to full time distance here, as well. I think most districts are, at least around the metro.

I know it'd be next to impossible to manage keeping individual schools open, but my daughter's school has only had one case since the school year started. But, I get it. With community spread so rampant in the whole state now, it's only a matter of time. Probably the same for my store.

My ETL said as long as I'm not symptomatic she didn't care
Your ETL should care if you test positive, with or without symptoms. Asymptomatic persons can still infect others. I know we're still learning about this disease, but there's some evidence that shows a person can be most infectious to others in the one or two days before symptoms show up. (Could be worse and be more like measles in some ways, so I guess we should be thankful for small mercies.)

See if that violates local law. There might be an actual quarantine law being violated that the health department would just love to use to make an example.

My state and the county I work in are both hitting the rewind button when it comes to dealing with COVID-19 and I'm sure we're not the only state so legal stuff may be more strict than they were last month.

Had out 19th positive case announced. Apparently thry are still coming to work becauae thry have mild symptoms. No on is making them stay home all we got wad the "keep your mask on" lecture. Thanks for nothing hell spot
That is absolutely outrageous. There's got to be someone you can contact, even if it's the local news.

I apparently wasn the only one to call on this. I called a number the governor said to call for violations. Think it went to thr health department or some tjing attached to them? We had a hiddle telling people to not call amd report tjem 😂 claiming they are doing the proper thing blah blah. Nope. We arent taking this crap. Glad i wasnt alone though I have a sibling that is very susceptible and im not playing.

Back