COVID-19 Any employees test positive for COVID-19?

One of our vendors tested positive. He was at our store last week and our SD told us about him last night at closing. There’s no deep cleaning going on
The guy who came and picked up ou secure shred bins mentioned he was based out of Detroit. As soon as he left I Cloroxed everything and let the receiver know too since the guy had to go down there for a bin. We re proactively grabbing spray bottles and refilling them, grabbing boxes of paper towels, trading off with whoever is on cleaning (it’s apparently how we decompress are my store, anyone feeling close to breaking just wanders and cleans and breathes), and we’re taking advantage of early TM shopping to buy our own Lysol spray and Clorox wipes.

The guy who came and picked up ou secure shred bins mentioned he was based out of Detroit. As soon as he left I Cloroxed everything and let the receiver know too since the guy had to go down there for a bin. We re proactively grabbing spray bottles and refilling them, grabbing boxes of paper towels, trading off with whoever is on cleaning (it’s apparently how we decompress are my store, anyone feeling close to breaking just wanders and cleans and breathes), and we’re taking advantage of early TM shopping to buy our own Lysol spray and Clorox wipes.

You're buying your own supplies? Nah, fuck that. I requisition that stuff straight off the truck.

Have many stores been getting Lysol spray? I may have to drag my butt up early one of these days if that's the case!

You're buying your own supplies? Nah, fuck that. I requisition that stuff straight off the truck.
I’ll buy stuff with my own money for my office and only my office. Nobody else should ever be in it other than to get something off the printer, but the presence of candy wrappers nearly everyday would suggest some added lingering. I work with really nice people, but they’re all hoes.
Have many stores been getting Lysol spray? I may have to drag my butt up early one of these days if that's the case!
I literally bought a can last week. We received a couple of cases on a magical TM shop early day and I grabbed one, and a tub of Clorox wipes. Left all the toilet paper and rubbing alcohol bc I work with hoes but I ain’t a hoe.

Limited testing or not - if I had symtoms, I would find a way to get tested. Of course without symptoms, who would know ?
is there any number that would close a store ?

That's one reason I don't pay attention to the "new infections" number, just the deaths. That "new infections" number is never going to be even moderately accurate
The county bordering us has 10x the number of cases that my county has. Like really? Yeah, it respects county lines, couldn't possibly be inadequate testing.

The Target TM under pseudonym John noted one of the cruelest things exposed by the COVID-19 pandemic:
But only employees with a certain amount of longevity are given that leeway, John said. Asked why he chose to return to the store, he said, “I still have to pay rent and pay bills.” He’s not eligible for paid time off, he explained.
Because a great many staff in retail, restaurant and hospitality trades do not receive paid sick leave, we're gonna see more states, or even the Feds, legislate universal sick leave coverage for all employees. Unfortunately, bureaucracies will be created to investigate and enforce complaints.

One huge benefit of government-mandated sick leave: maybe, just maybe, employees who show up at work sick and contagious will actually be ordered by their bosses to go home instead of working (since the boss and company don't want to face hassles with the government "sick leave" agency). Lord knows how many nasty episodes of colds and flu my wife and I have caught due to co-workers intentionally showing up in the office with obvious signs of being really sick and contagious.

The Target TM under pseudonym John noted one of the cruelest things exposed by the COVID-19 pandemic: Because a great many staff in retail, restaurant and hospitality trades do not receive paid sick leave, we're gonna see more states, or even the Feds, legislate universal sick leave coverage for all employees. Unfortunately, bureaucracies will be created to investigate and enforce complaints.

One huge benefit of government-mandated sick leave: maybe, just maybe, employees who show up at work sick and contagious will actually be ordered by their bosses to go home instead of working (since the boss and company don't want to face hassles with the government "sick leave" agency). Lord knows how many nasty episodes of colds and flu my wife and I have caught due to co-workers intentionally showing up in the office with obvious signs of being really sick and contagious.
Before this whole thing started there were recent discussions on here about whether one should show up to work sick. I have always been firmly in the NO camp. Folks tell stories about how leadership has asked them to come in or stay even if they are sick. I have no doubt that there are leaders even now who are very frustrated at the waiving of the attendance policy.

I have no doubt that there are leaders even now who are very frustrated at the waiving of the attendance policy.

The US has a weird culture for thinking this way. It'll take more than a few months to fix that view. It'll take maybe a generation getting a really good scare and changing things when the management with the old view retires out.

Back