Archived Any help is appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm new here and I've been a seasonal cashier at target for about 2 months now.

I've been lurking on the forums and you guys have been a major help, so thanks for that!

Ok so how am I going to put this.....

This is my first job and I just needed something on the side during school just so I don't sit in my room all day. I would say I'm a pretty good cashier. I have gotten about 10 red cards since I started, and i think that's good. I am a type 1 diabetic with a really weak immune system and I tend to get really sick around this time of year. HR and most people at my Target know that I'm diabetic. I have called in sick once and I had to leave early once due to almost passing out. However, I just got back from my shift right now and I can barely keep my eyes open and or breathe correctly. I have tomorrow off so I will rest and hopefully I will feel better. I have an 8am-6pm shift on Sunday. What is the process for calling in sick when the store is closed? I plan on calling 2-3 hours before my shift on Sunday if I am not In a condition for work. Also do you think I will be penalized for this? I know this gets asked a lot, but I'm going to go ahead and ask it :p

Thanks guys, and merry Christmas!

Oh: I would also like to add that I do not plan on staying after Christmas. I am taking way to many classes at school to be able to work.

If your question is ..;.
How do I leave people in suspense?
I'd say you did okay.

There are people in the store before it opens.
If you call a couple of hours before the store opens and hit zero to get the call to go through then ask for the LOD.
Explain you are too sick to work.
If this is the only the second time you called out, it shouldn't be a major deal.
They know you have a medical issue and should take it into account.
But they probably wouldn't keep you after Christmas so I guess it's a good thing you aren't planning to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back