Archived Any info on new Red Card program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogtired

Logistics Team Lead
I've been told several times that by the beginning of the year, Target is supposedly coming up with a way for the Guest to slide their debit card instead of using a blank check for the Target Debit card. True?

There are test stores for it, but apparently it is more difficult to setup than you would think and the tests aren't going well

My old store tested that a year or so back. It was convenient, but unbelievably slow. It also tended to crash the registers about one time in three--at the lanes, anyway. At the Service Desk, it crashed them every time without fail.

We had our Group leaders in
our store on Thursday. I got a chance to talk to the Group Leader of Marketing and asked him about the new "checkless" RedCard applications. He told me that there are still some issues to work out...especially how to prevent fraud....he didn't have any answer as to an rollout date. So my guess is that, in the end, it won't happen.

Kind of fun dreaming about those checkless apps though,wasn't it?

Crashing the registers while applying for a RedCard.....sure supports the new Vibe idea, doesn't? Well, we knew that FFF couldn't last forever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back