Archived Any one ever had a Code RED?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was worried for a bit, Dan. Glad you're okay but.....code BLACK?! Geez!
My store is so boring....

I didn't even know what a code black was until I read this thread.
Can't imagine what it would be like to go through one.
The closest we've come to action was power outages during ice storms and hurricanes.

We called a code blue for when our STL is arriving to the store on her birthday for a surprise welcome, lame right?

Everyone was like whats a code blue?!?!?!

We had a backwards Code Yellow today. Apparently someone forgot the part of their training where we learned that Yellow is for a lost child, not for a lost parent. *facepalm*

We called a code blue for when our STL is arriving to the store on her birthday for a surprise welcome, lame right?
Everyone was like whats a code blue?!?!?!

Good thing there wasn't an EMT in the area. They'd be rushing in with a defibulator.

I didn't even know what a code black was until I read this thread.
Can't imagine what it would be like to go through one.
The closest we've come to action was power outages during ice storms and hurricanes.

I had no idea there was even a Code Black.

I had an old GSTL tell me that she had a bomb threat called into the store when her new store opened. The caller ended up being a TM who wanted a day off of work.

They called it in from a gas station pay phone from down the street. The TM was arrested with a couple days.

I had an old GSTL tell me that she had a bomb threat called into the store when her new store opened. The caller ended up being a TM who wanted a day off of work.

They called it in from a gas station pay phone from down the street. The TM was arrested with a couple days.

Wouldn't it have been easier to just call in? :facepalm:

Had a few car fires and someone setting the trash cans on fire other then that nope. The fire department was right behind my old store and were at my store at-least once a week for a code greens.

Our store had been open just a few months and the fire alarm went off. At the time, I was giving a break to the operator. When the alarm went off, I had no idea what it was that I was supposed to do......and never thinking that I needed to hear from an LOD before doing anything, I spoke over the PA and told guests to exit the building and stay near the store in the parking lot.
After I made the announcement, I went to walk out of the building and saw our STL and she asked me who had told me to say what I did. i told her that I hadn't heard from anyone. She wasn't happy.

Let me tell you, I was in a burning building once and through experience I learned that you exit the building first and ask questions later.
Turns out that a little kid had pulled the alarm and that when some guests had left the building they took their stuff, got into their cars and drove off. Our AP was not very happy with me.

I didn't end up getting in trouble because, as a store we had never had any type of practice fire drills....and when they heard me say that I'd been in a burning building before, they understood my reaction.

Today, I can look back at this experience and see the humorous side of it all....but I still would do the same thing again. As I said, having been in a burning building I learned....leave first and ask questions later.

Had a few car fires and someone setting the trash cans on fire other then that nope. The fire department was right behind my old store and were at my store at-least once a week for a code greens.
I think they were thinking they would arrive at the store, clock in, and then evacuate the building. Technically on-clock but wouldn't have to work. The LOD ended up evacuating everyone before the TM arrived.

Our store had been open just a few months and the fire alarm went off. At the time, I was giving a break to the operator. When the alarm went off, I had no idea what it was that I was supposed to do......and never thinking that I needed to hear from an LOD before doing anything, I spoke over the PA and told guests to exit the building and stay near the store in the parking lot.
After I made the announcement, I went to walk out of the building and saw our STL and she asked me who had told me to say what I did. i told her that I hadn't heard from anyone. She wasn't happy.

Let me tell you, I was in a burning building once and through experience I learned that you exit the building first and ask questions later.
Turns out that a little kid had pulled the alarm and that when some guests had left the building they took their stuff, got into their cars and drove off. Our AP was not very happy with me.

I didn't end up getting in trouble because, as a store we had never had any type of practice fire drills....and when they heard me say that I'd been in a burning building before, they understood my reaction.

Today, I can look back at this experience and see the humorous side of it all....but I still would do the same thing again. As I said, having been in a burning building I learned....leave first and ask questions later.
It was probably a distraction manuever to cause chaos and let people run out without being checked for unpaid merchandise.

A few of the salesfloor Tm's at my store like to call out Code Pinks. I'll let you figure out what that one is.

A few of the salesfloor Tm's at my store like to call out Code Pinks. I'll let you figure out what that one is.

Code Pink is the best universal code. We got caught with it at our store, so we changed it to Pokemon characters. Certain ones have designated areas; for instance, Charzard for C, Blastoise for B, etc...

Works out MUCH better :)

Pink for cute girls, blue for the guys (one of the gay TM's used to flip it around for S&G's).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back