Archived Any other store prompting ID for ice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store is prompting ID for ice now. And I found out today it's not a system glitch. Apparently the kids are now rubbing salt on ice and it causes injuries.

*facepalm* how do I explain this to guests with a straight face?

I sold a bag yesterday, didn't prompt for ID.

I agree with Jill though, I think someone at your store is being a smartass, there's absolutely no way I am willing to believe that checking ID for frozen water is anything other than a system glitch. I don't care if it can be used as a weapon, so can knives, and we don't check ID for kitchen knives (or lighters, though we used to for those), so we sure as hell don't for frozen water.

Is it a local law maybe? I googled the salt and ice thing, but that's been going on for a couple of years.

It's bad enough I have to explain to guests why we have to card in this state for [a product the rest of you don't have to card for]....I cannot imagine doing so for ice.

had it happen to me once during a transaction. it was a glitch as it hasn't happened since then

I haven't had this happen to me, but it reminds me of a couple years ago when this happened with Pepsi (or was it Coke?).

555668_414859361900408_257166396_n.jpg

I've had the system prompt me for I.d. on a milky way once.

Asked the guest buy me one too just in case... no joke true story serious as a heart attack.

That's weird. We do ck id's on canned air.

That's due to the propellant used though, whereas frozen water is much sillier IMO.

The huffing of the canned air interferes with the oxygen flow/supply to the brain....and low oxygen can lead to the body "forgetting" to breathe....and you die.
In my mind, if you're huffing, then you deserve the consequences.

We have to card for rubber cement.

It was doing it for ice at my store as well... when the LOD my supported it, they said it was an error on their end and they'll clean it up right away but it wouldn't roll out to us until the next day. Well the fix worked. In the meanwhile, the cashiers were calling for anyone with over ride codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back