Archived Any other stores fudging numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other stores directed from the top down to fudge #s? No M-deleting, doing subt to fill the floor instead of research on items with backroom locations, things of that nature?

yeah i noticed that..... id love to see them try and write up the wrong employee for following the rules target corp actually set forth.

That's "Best Practice" at my store-
Fake tie sales plans that are not yet set
Cart well "fake filled" 2 rows of product only
Subt t to fill the floor
No M deletes
Changing start shift/ end shift (to make HR numbers)
Scheduling under other work centers that have more hours
batteries out of call boxes
If its GREEN on paper, its good enough is the new mantra
CAFs pulled on time but sitting overnight to be worked due to no sales floor
encouraging all of your friends to fill out surveys with glowing remarks

it goes on and on.

That's "Best Practice" at my store-
Fake tie sales plans that are not yet set
Cart well "fake filled" 2 rows of product only
Subt t to fill the floor
No M deletes
Changing start shift/ end shift (to make HR numbers)
Scheduling under other work centers that have more hours
batteries out of call boxes
If its GREEN on paper, its good enough is the new mantra
CAFs pulled on time but sitting overnight to be worked due to no sales floor
encouraging all of your friends to fill out surveys with glowing remarks

it goes on and on.

I SWEAR you're at my store....including the battery thing, too.

similar as tellmeaboutatime's store
Fake ties
CAFs sitting overnight

Setting call boxes on purpose and clearing the request, before second request.
TLs and ETLs suggest a punch correction if you go into compliance.
TLs and ETLs asking TMs to apply for target credit card, even if they've just recently been denied.
I've also seen TMs sell the wrong (cheaper) SRP and lie about the service to guests, just to get attachments.

Last edited:
Yes at the no M-Delete thing. That came down directly from the DTL. Also dropping and pulling a crapload of manuals before the autofill drops so that it lowers the system pulls over manual pulls number to 30% or less. DTL said get system pulls below 30%, but was nonspecific as to how.

We're legit on the rest.

I thought we are supposed to let the replenishment system work for us. Why would you rather have more manuals than autofills and cafs? Or am I reading this wrong?

The District I am in is notorious for fudging the numbers; fake backroom locations to up the backstock percent, and exf's before the instock task are the 2 worst ones. Funny thing I was told the other day there is a new report that will generate now as part of the integrity bit, measuring change in exf's from this year versus previous. SO HQ wants you to fake the numbers and then comes out with reports to prevent you from faking the numbers, smart. It is funny though because all the ETL's in my area are freaking out about it.

I thought we are supposed to let the replenishment system work for us. Why would you rather have more manuals than autofills and cafs? Or am I reading this wrong?

The trigger percentage for a manual CAF is lower than for an Autofill or Scheduled CAF. Scheduled CAF is 60%-70% depending on fillgroup (there's a chart). Meaning, when that item hits 60%-70% empty on the floor, that item will be added to the next CAF. By deductive reasoning, we assume Autofill is around 40-50% (the documentation that says Manuals are 30% and Scheduled CAFs are 60-70%, doesn't say anything about Autofills). Manual CAFs are 30%.

Trigger Percentage:
Manuals - 30%
Autofills - 40-50%
Scheduled CAF - 60-70%

The lower the percentage is, the bigger the batch will be when dropped because it will have more items in it, since the item will trigger a lot sooner. For manuals, instead of waiting until 7 are missing on a shelf of 10, it will drop the item into the batch when only 3 are missing from the 10. More items are going to be lightly empty than will be items that are very empty. As a result, manual CAFs are a deeper, bigger, fuller pull. This means, in theory, you are taking a preventive measure to keep the floor as full as possible, to keep as few things from reaching critically low or out points as possible. If you wait until items show up in Scheduled CAF, that means there are going to be a whole lot of items that are very empty on the floor, or even out of stock altogether.

So when the DTL shows this to whoever his boss is, he can be like "Hey, see, the floors of the stores in my district are super full; over half of the items being pulled each week are in manual CAFs! Our "outs with backroom locations %" is really low because we work hard to keep it full!"

Ultimately, the system isn't that bad. It's pretty good WHEN PEOPLE DO THEIR JOB PROPERLY. The reason the system seems to be fuct a lot of the time is because of human error. People aren't pushing to capacity. Or people are OVER pushing. People burn batches. People pull stuff, but then backstock it later on without pushing. All of these things screw up the accumulator ("the system"). The fact that there is a team where one of their major purposes for existence is to go around fixing human error (Instocks: this shelf is empty, but the accumulator isn't asking for it, yet there are a crapload in the backroom because people don't want to pull it, so they keep burning it...) shows how poorly people do things. Sure, there are cases where the system could be better, such as it really should be auto-resetting the accumulator for items on endcaps/plano-takedowns immediately when breaking a tie on the floor. But by and large, it's pretty good when it is ALLOWED to work right.....but it can't, because too many people aren't doing processes right.

Yes at the no M-Delete thing. That came down directly from the DTL. Also dropping and pulling a crapload of manuals before the autofill drops so that it lowers the system pulls over manual pulls number to 30% or less. DTL said get system pulls below 30%, but was nonspecific as to how.

We're legit on the rest.

**** your DTL. Best practices are there for a reason. Id challenge him on it. Ask him if we dont follow BP policies, then that means you can do whatever the **** you want.

yea at our store there doing the same thing... instocks have been manually writing down a s**t load of DPCIs and gives us a list to pull and just "add it to the CAFs" without saying anything, and no research batches drop at all. so pretty much there is no point in having research batches or the clips at all.

also our receiving is super empty, we have a person who's specific job is to just destroy the bulk, and push as much as they can to the floor, create end caps and new locations. then they put any stragglers in the aisles of their specific fill group. the person who does it at my store is a beast at it, he will knock out like 20+

pallets in one shift, its kinda interesting too to see how much will actually go out and see how empty the floor really is, i guess in a way its a good thing, but our ETL is constantly just telling us to keep focusing on the bulk, and getting receiving as empty as possible.

our TL as well has been telling us not to M-delete, recently hes been telling us to LOCU the location if there is a ghost, and just add everything in the location to the CAFs or autofills, and hes super strict about it, he pretty much coached another TM who he caught M-deleting something.

We're legit on the rest.

**** your DTL. Best practices are there for a reason. Id challenge him on it. Ask him if we dont follow BP policies, then that means you can do whatever the **** you want.

I agree. And I fight with my ETL often about Best Practice. He doesn't care. It's his way or the highway, and the STL and other ETLs go with it. He's very stubborn and forceful (not that that stops me from fighting him on it).

As for the DTL thing, maybe if there's a visit during my last two weeks (whenever that might be, hopefully in the next 6 months). But at the moment, I need the job more than the job needs me, and the pay is decent (all things considered), so I'll leave it alone for the time being when it comes to the DTL.

Best practice isn't always the best way to do things. There are some good BP's, some bad BP's, some that are a waste of time, some that require needless work, etc.

I remember a time last year when we had a big visit. I'm not in the loop so I wasn't really sure who they were... probably Business Partners? Maybe higher than that? Dunno, all the ETLs were pooping themselves.

Our ETL-LOG (my boss) leads a group of them to the backroom, shows them our Pfresh coolers and says "We make sure all Pfresh from the truck is backstocked within [either 20 or 40, can't remember] minutes!" I had to duck into an aisle and try not to laugh too loudly. That's why, when I come in at noon for my closing shift, there's still Pfresh backstock, right? What a load.

Other than that, our BR isn't as bad as some of y'alls. We still use M-delete, I've only seen manuals used on Black Thursday. Our OUTS with Locs % is in the toilet, but as far as I know, that's not due to incompetence on Dayside's part. The rest is green, green, green. At least in the backroom. ;)

I do manual cafs and pull them myself to push to floor before FDC. That includes PRO1 and 2, mtcl, deli, dairy. Or I grab the BR TM going to do morning cafs in my coolers and inform him a manual caf was dropped, and ask if he could be a bro and hook me up and ill push it all to the mother ****ing floor.

Food is dying gentlemen or in the process of doing so. Get it out the front door by any means nnecessary. I get NOPs or illegals? My support? That food is as good as dead. So I simply... legalize it and push to floor. Why not? I have carte Blanche from my STL to handle things as I see fit. My area? Over a quarter of store sales. Guest surveys have my area ranked 1 in group in terms of vibrating harder than Jesus himself.

I order heavy and I order hard. My CTL? Oh, you mean the LOD. Vendors? They love me. I get them to leave heavy amounts of backstock and more often than not, emptiness and outs are simply passing flights of fancy. Yo, GTSL -- let's flex out some of thie vendor stuff on sale that complements the sales in pfresh. Make some mother****ing cream and Jesus vibe with the guests and name drop the mobile guest survey and proceed to make them violently happy.

Works for my area of control. Green is the colour of all that market wears. Once in a blue moon it will go yellow. That's okay. We will manipulate everyone around us and never stop moving so that our vibrational state will embrace everything around us, then they too, can attain vibrational nirvana.

Other areas? Some reds, but that's irrelevant. In order to remain at the peak, never stop moving and sell that grub. There is no try. Only Do or Die.

BUT in terms of in stocks, flow, price change and making sure everyone Jesue vibes while following BP -- everybody vibes together to be green.

PAs have to always be moving and constantly bugging fellow TMS. PFresh? Nope. If it can be eaten by a living being, then I have to make sure they won't die. Not if I can help it.

Let's face it. The choice is to either vibe or die.

Has anyone got wrote up for not faking #s? I know we had a few rebels refuse to cheat the system because it was morally wrong and not best practice and said if they ever got wrote up for doing so they would spill the beans to corporate.

yea at our store there doing the same thing... instocks have been manually writing down a s**t load of DPCIs and gives us a list to pull and just "add it to the CAFs" without saying anything, and no research batches drop at all. so pretty much there is no point in having research batches or the clips at all.

also our receiving is super empty, we have a person who's specific job is to just destroy the bulk, and push as much as they can to the floor, create end caps and new locations. then they put any stragglers in the aisles of their specific fill group. the person who does it at my store is a beast at it, he will knock out like 20+

pallets in one shift, its kinda interesting too to see how much will actually go out and see how empty the floor really is, i guess in a way its a good thing, but our ETL is constantly just telling us to keep focusing on the bulk, and getting receiving as empty as possible.

our TL as well has been telling us not to M-delete, recently hes been telling us to LOCU the location if there is a ghost, and just add everything in the location to the CAFs or autofills, and hes super strict about it, he pretty much coached another TM who he caught M-deleting something.

Why not just STO again....most likely the product will be coming back to STO anyway

Best practice isn't always the best way to do things. There are some good BP's, some bad BP's, some that are a waste of time, some that require needless work, etc.

You mean like not being able to drag a pallet onto the floor after the store is open....Thats fantastic when I have a whole pallet of water that needs to be set up on the bulk water endcap but I cant drag the pallet out there according to my LOD. It was like 9am on Sunday and nobody is ever in the store that early. Had to take like 60+ cases of our MP Water off the pallet and onto 2 flatbeds. Then push all of those out to the floor and stack them on the endcap. So much wasted time and alot more physical exertion than needed. I guess its a safety issue but its not like I would take that long. The endcap was cleared off and just needed to be filled.

You mean like not being able to drag a pallet onto the floor after the store is open....Thats fantastic when I have a whole pallet of water that needs to be set up on the bulk water endcap but I cant drag the pallet out there according to my LOD. It was like 9am on Sunday and nobody is ever in the store that early. Had to take like 60+ cases of our MP Water off the pallet and onto 2 flatbeds. Then push all of those out to the floor and stack them on the endcap. So much wasted time and alot more physical exertion than needed. I guess its a safety issue but its not like I would take that long. The endcap was cleared off and just needed to be filled.

Uhmm...you could have just taken the Crown and put the pallet on a flat, and pushed it out to the floor. Problem solved.

Has anyone got wrote up for not faking #s? I know we had a few rebels refuse to cheat the system because it was morally wrong and not best practice and said if they ever got wrote up for doing so they would spill the beans to corporate.

They would never get written up for faking the numbers.
But there are hundreds of other performance issues that can be found and you can bet they will be.
Being honest and caring about your work is a guaranteed way to get performanced out.

Uhmm...you could have just taken the Crown and put the pallet on a flat, and pushed it out to the floor. Problem solved.

Ok but let me ask you how is that any different than just pulling the pallet out with a pallet jack? Because it is resting on a flatbed it is more safe? mhhmm sure. Not like it matters though I was able to get a ton of things done that day anyway so I wasnt behind because of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back