Archived Any other stores fudging numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone got wrote up for not faking #s? I know we had a few rebels refuse to cheat the system because it was morally wrong and not best practice and said if they ever got wrote up for doing so they would spill the beans to corporate.

They would never get written up for faking the numbers.
But there are hundreds of other performance issues that can be found and you can bet they will be.
Being honest and caring about your work is a guaranteed way to get performanced out.

Ironic isnt it....caring about your work and being honest tosses you out of your position while people who dont care at all stay

Best practice isn't always the best way to do things. There are some good BP's, some bad BP's, some that are a waste of time, some that require needless work, etc.

You mean like not being able to drag a pallet onto the floor after the store is open....Thats fantastic when I have a whole pallet of water that needs to be set up on the bulk water endcap but I cant drag the pallet out there according to my LOD. It was like 9am on Sunday and nobody is ever in the store that early. Had to take like 60+ cases of our MP Water off the pallet and onto 2 flatbeds. Then push all of those out to the floor and stack them on the endcap. So much wasted time and alot more physical exertion than needed. I guess its a safety issue but its not like I would take that long. The endcap was cleared off and just needed to be filled.

Uhmm...you could have just taken the Crown and put the pallet on a flat, and pushed it out to the floor. Problem solved.

After 8 am at my store, no pallets or jacks are allowed on the floor.

similar as tellmeaboutatime's store
Fake ties
CAFs sitting overnight

Setting call boxes on purpose and clearing the request, before second request.
TLs and ETLs suggest a punch correction if you go into compliance.
TLs and ETLs asking TMs to apply for target credit card, even if they've just recently been denied.
I've also seen TMs sell the wrong (cheaper) SRP and lie about the service to guests, just to get attachments.

One of our TLs missed compliance by a few minutes and simply took her lunch without clocking out then did "end meal" at the right time and took a few extra minutes on lunch to make up the difference... then later did a punch correction for the missing start time. Wonder if the ETLs suggested that one. From the sounds of things I wouldn't at all be surprised.

yea at our store there doing the same thing... instocks have been manually writing down a s**t load of DPCIs and gives us a list to pull and just "add it to the CAFs" without saying anything, and no research batches drop at all. so pretty much there is no point in having research batches or the clips at all.

also our receiving is super empty, we have a person who's specific job is to just destroy the bulk, and push as much as they can to the floor, create end caps and new locations. then they put any stragglers in the aisles of their specific fill group. the person who does it at my store is a beast at it, he will knock out like 20+

pallets in one shift, its kinda interesting too to see how much will actually go out and see how empty the floor really is, i guess in a way its a good thing, but our ETL is constantly just telling us to keep focusing on the bulk, and getting receiving as empty as possible.

our TL as well has been telling us not to M-delete, recently hes been telling us to LOCU the location if there is a ghost, and just add everything in the location to the CAFs or autofills, and hes super strict about it, he pretty much coached another TM who he caught M-deleting something.

How does this work? Wouldn't you still have to m-delete after locuing?

Fake ties
CAFs sitting overnight

TLs and ETLs asking TMs to apply for target credit card, even if they've just recently been denied.
I've also seen TMs sell the wrong (cheaper) SRP and lie about the service to guests, just to get attachments.

lol i just had an image in my head of an ETL just standing near the call boxes setting them off and clearing them on purpose. hilarious.

One of our TLs missed compliance by a few minutes and simply took her lunch without clocking out then did "end meal" at the right time and took a few extra minutes on lunch to make up the difference... then later did a punch correction for the missing start time. Wonder if the ETLs suggested that one. From the sounds of things I wouldn't at all be surprised.

I've seen the two following situations:

Let's say John was supposed to start his meal at 5:00PM (to avoid compliance). Unfortunately John arrives at the time clock at 5:15PM. Well, it is encouraged by some leaders that John punch in an END MEAL on the time clock, go on his 30 minute lunch, then afterwards make a START MEAL punch correction. The Start Meal PC will be for 4:45PM.

Another situation that involves punch corrections.
Your shift ends at 6:00PM and if you stay past 6:15PM you'll hit compliance. Your TL fully aware of the situation asks you to finish a project. You end up finishing at 6:30PM. You are told to make a punch correction for END WORK at 6:00PM, you are promised that the 30 minutes of work will be added to another shift.

#2 happened to me once and I swear I was never paid that extra time.

I also see a lot of TLs work during their lunch breaks or punch out and continue to work. Kind of sad.

lol i just had an image in my head of an ETL just standing near the call boxes setting them off and clearing them on purpose. hilarious.

The only time my ETL-GE leaves the office, is to do this.
"Salesfloor please ignore the following callbox."
-guest service needed in jewelry, who is responding?-
*stands there looking at watch*
-your request has been cleared jewelry-

The same ETL stopped by the electronics callbox gave me this creepy smile and said "I'm making the score green!" Not even discreet about it.

Last edited:
I also see a lot of TLs work during their lunch breaks or punch out and continue to work. Kind of sad.

The fun part of that is if the TL annoys the ETL's enough they can use that as a reason to fire them.
Seen that done twice.

How does this work? Wouldn't you still have to m-delete after locuing?

No, everything has been deleted from the location. Then go back in and finish the batch. I don't understand pushing it all though. I don't LOCU because I don't like fixing other people's mistakes plus I don't feel like exiting out of the batch since you can't toggle to LOCU. I care more about making my score perfect, making others' scores less than perfect, and I do not care about the overall score.

Yeah working off the clock is a big no no.... We lost many TLs and a few ETLs because team members were doing that and when HR found out they were doing it they all said the TLs and ETLs told them to do it

I do manual cafs and pull them myself to push to floor before FDC. That includes PRO1 and 2, mtcl, deli, dairy. Or I grab the BR TM going to do morning cafs in my coolers and inform him a manual caf was dropped, and ask if he could be a bro and hook me up and ill push it all to the mother ****ing floor.

Food is dying gentlemen or in the process of doing so. Get it out the front door by any means nnecessary. I get NOPs or illegals? My support? That food is as good as dead. So I simply... legalize it and push to floor. Why not? I have carte Blanche from my STL to handle things as I see fit. My area? Over a quarter of store sales. Guest surveys have my area ranked 1 in group in terms of vibrating harder than Jesus himself.

I order heavy and I order hard. My CTL? Oh, you mean the LOD. Vendors? They love me. I get them to leave heavy amounts of backstock and more often than not, emptiness and outs are simply passing flights of fancy. Yo, GTSL -- let's flex out some of thie vendor stuff on sale that complements the sales in pfresh. Make some mother****ing cream and Jesus vibe with the guests and name drop the mobile guest survey and proceed to make them violently happy.

Works for my area of control. Green is the colour of all that market wears. Once in a blue moon it will go yellow. That's okay. We will manipulate everyone around us and never stop moving so that our vibrational state will embrace everything around us, then they too, can attain vibrational nirvana.

Other areas? Some reds, but that's irrelevant. In order to remain at the peak, never stop moving and sell that grub. There is no try. Only Do or Die.

BUT in terms of in stocks, flow, price change and making sure everyone Jesue vibes while following BP -- everybody vibes together to be green.

PAs have to always be moving and constantly bugging fellow TMS. PFresh? Nope. If it can be eaten by a living being, then I have to make sure they won't die. Not if I can help it.

Let's face it. The choice is to either vibe or die.

I love your attitude. Your post was hilarious and Informationally Value Added.

Please take a kind warning from a friend: Things will not always be going so well. I see in your post a reflection of the attitude I used to have. I felt in control, and vibe-tastic about pfresh. But the support slowly died away, and everyone got out the blamethrowers.

My store is fudging numbers. They won't let me shoot research or outs in pfresh. I have to manually subt to fill any outs. Making life even more impossible than it was before, if such a thing is possible.

Fake ties
CAFs sitting overnight

We had our ETLHR and two tl FIRED for doing this last year. NEVER change your work time, work off the clock, etc. yes, they will ignore it... until they want you gone. and our new stl wanted these guys gone. even though the entire team told him that the former stl instructed them to do fudge compliance because of the tl meeting, mistakes, etc. (not that they should have EVER done it), it did not matter. and never work off the clock. no tm owes tgt a damned thing, especially their free time.

Just so everyone knows I heard they will be rolling out some sort of data integrity reporting that's sole purpose is to ensure that stores are not cheating metrics! I doubt it is possible to catch every single thing, but at least it is an attempt to show the store leadership teams that they want the metrics to be legit and not just faked out!

Good question.
When I started under Softlines I witnessed the Receiving assistant sitting down with all the Flow team member 'work for the day' forms adding slashes to how much each tm had worked that morning. She explained "its okay because we (some salary levels) will be working this quantity for them later. She said this straight faced like there was nothing wrong at all with cheating on the paperwork. Imagine someone will find work arounds for the new metrics because apparently to many cheating the system is more fulfilling than having accurate information that will keep the company on track and in business.

After all, we wouldn't want to see a problem and fix it before it became disastrous, right?

But how will such a thing be measured?

My understanding of the new integrity system, that is still in the works by the way. The system will keep track of EXF's to see if your exf's have increased from year prior, this tells them we are exfing everything to prevent scans with locations. They will be looking at fake ties, supposed to look at ties, fills and locations on the sales floor. Looking at burning batches as well, this one I don't think will work but will see, they are talking about it looking at requested amounts and actual pulled amounts. Also looking at overpulling, you cant pull more then 150% of requested amount, example..system says pull 2 you pull the total of 4 sitting in the location.

I think the EXF checking is great because I think having to exf everything is stupid. There is talk of it including more then EXF's so hopefully that will put an end to subt's as well. Like I said not sure exactly how this will all play in but this is the information I was given so far.

Whenever my store is told to stop doing EXFs (a few times over the last 5 years), they just switch over to doing everything under the Order section. Same exact products, quantities, etc., just under Order instead of EXF. So they'll need to account for that too.

But how will such a thing be measured?

And how long do you think it will take for people to come up with ways to get around it?

Not long. What you'd need is someone from corporate looking over every single person's shoulder. Obviously can't happen, but even then, someone would somehow find a way around even that.

I do manual cafs and pull them myself to push to floor before FDC. That includes PRO1 and 2, mtcl, deli, dairy. Or I grab the BR TM going to do morning cafs in my coolers and inform him a manual caf was dropped, and ask if he could be a bro and hook me up and ill push it all to the mother ****ing floor.

Food is dying gentlemen or in the process of doing so. Get it out the front door by any means nnecessary. I get NOPs or illegals? My support? That food is as good as dead. So I simply... legalize it and push to floor. Why not? I have carte Blanche from my STL to handle things as I see fit. My area? Over a quarter of store sales. Guest surveys have my area ranked 1 in group in terms of vibrating harder than Jesus himself.

I order heavy and I order hard. My CTL? Oh, you mean the LOD. Vendors? They love me. I get them to leave heavy amounts of backstock and more often than not, emptiness and outs are simply passing flights of fancy. Yo, GTSL -- let's flex out some of thie vendor stuff on sale that complements the sales in pfresh. Make some mother****ing cream and Jesus vibe with the guests and name drop the mobile guest survey and proceed to make them violently happy.

Works for my area of control. Green is the colour of all that market wears. Once in a blue moon it will go yellow. That's okay. We will manipulate everyone around us and never stop moving so that our vibrational state will embrace everything around us, then they too, can attain vibrational nirvana.

Other areas? Some reds, but that's irrelevant. In order to remain at the peak, never stop moving and sell that grub. There is no try. Only Do or Die.

BUT in terms of in stocks, flow, price change and making sure everyone Jesue vibes while following BP -- everybody vibes together to be green.

PAs have to always be moving and constantly bugging fellow TMS. PFresh? Nope. If it can be eaten by a living being, then I have to make sure they won't die. Not if I can help it.

Let's face it. The choice is to either vibe or die.

I love your attitude. Your post was hilarious and Informationally Value Added.

Please take a kind warning from a friend: Things will not always be going so well. I see in your post a reflection of the attitude I used to have. I felt in control, and vibe-tastic about pfresh. But the support slowly died away, and everyone got out the blamethrowers.

My store is fudging numbers. They won't let me shoot research or outs in pfresh. I have to manually subt to fill any outs. Making life even more impossible than it was before, if such a thing is possible.

I have to manually do research as well :(. Cant be having our counts and scores go down from doing the CORRECT procedure nope....makes it take that much longer when I have a list of like 20 things that needed pulled.

Just got handed my first piece of cardboard with a bunch of DPCI's on it. So, now I have to pull RSRCH, CAFs, and POGs and a pocketful of notes with random DPCI's on 'em. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back