Archived Any other stores get a huge One Spot shipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PullMonkey

Ex-Backroom Badass
We had a pallet and two HEAPING (not healing) carts of stuff to push yesterday, which would be great, except I had one end cap for the new stuff.
It was basically all new stuff...

Last edited:
There is a one spot transition coming up. We usually get about 8-9 pallets of transition product in the couple weeks leading up to the week it resets.

And I have no idea what a healing cart is.

Probably a typo and was supposed to be heaping? lol. One spot will salvage out Monday and will reset with new product. I was wondering when the product would come in because i hadnt seen a single box until this last truck.

I have always though that One Spot was the start of Targets falling image. Walking into a store and having a bunch of cheap junk that is always a mess being the first thing you see is not a good thing.

I have always though that One Spot was the start of Targets falling image. Walking into a store and having a bunch of cheap junk that is always a mess being the first thing you see is not a good thing.
The only thing I've consistently seen restocked there is the food. Most of it is usually gone by the time it gets restocked, the cheap shit doesn't sell all that well and a lot of it goes to salvage. So basically the demon spawn are hungry and the first thing they go for is the $1 snack food conveniently set at eye level for them. *rolls eyes*

We've been getting in new product for the transition for several weeks and have been putting it out to sell, because of all of the empty spots from the lack of product from the port dispute.

Most every teacher I've worked with and finds out I work at Target comments that they just love One Spot. And they LOOOOVE Target.

My wife always hit One Spot for 'motivators' and holiday presents for her students.
That's one of the dark secrets about teachers pay, how much of it gets spent on things like supplies for the students (especially if they teach in urban schools) and things for their classrooms.
She even bought protein bars and tampons for her kids.

Lots of people love the stuff at See Spot Save. Too bad it's only zoned just after the reset.

When One spot first started, I loved the things you could get for a $1 - satin mini purses, unique toys, stainless steel utensils. Now it's the same garbage you can find at the dollar store.
Every once in a while there might be a nifty gifty.

We've been getting in new product for the transition for several weeks and have been putting it out to sell, because of all of the empty spots from the lack of product from the port dispute.
We just got more sodastream in after being out for several weeks. Is the east coast also striking (I think sodastream is manufactured in Sweden) or is target's ordering system incompetent?

We just got more sodastream in after being out for several weeks. Is the east coast also striking (I think sodastream is manufactured in Sweden) or is target's ordering system incompetent?

Sodastream manufactures out of Israel, Germany, Sweden, the U.S., Australia, China and South Africa.
But one of their plants is on the West Bank which caused a lot of negative publicity.

Speaking of sodastream...Can someone tell me what the hell we do with those sodastream boxes that contain what looks like something that came out of a fountain soda machine?

We get them on a truck every few weeks/months and they have the custom block number for Housewares, but the location on the label is GS1 (Guest Service). They have a pile of these boxes just inside the doorway and nobody seems to know what it is.

Speaking of sodastream...Can someone tell me what the hell we do with those sodastream boxes that contain what looks like something that came out of a fountain soda machine?

We get them on a truck every few weeks/months and they have the custom block number for Housewares, but the location on the label is GS1 (Guest Service). They have a pile of these boxes just inside the doorway and nobody seems to know what it is.
They belong at guest service. Guests can exchange there used co2 with new ones at half the price.

Those are the replacement carbon dioxide cylinders that guests can get for free when they turn in their old ones. Once the replacements are used up, the box should be full of empties and sent out for recycling (I would assume back to the manufacturer).

They belong at guest service. Guests can exchange there used co2 with new ones at half the price.

Those are the replacement carbon dioxide cylinders that guests can get for free when they turn in their old ones. Once the replacements are used up, the box should be full of empties and sent out for recycling (I would assume back to the manufacturer).

Thanks for the info!

Oh, then I dunno. We only ever have one or two replacement boxes at a time.

We usually have 4-5 but maybe some of them are empty.

Sorry to derail the tread there...

Thanks for the info!

We usually have 4-5 but maybe some of them are empty.

Sorry to derail the tread there...

Um, they are not free. The service desk has a sticker that charges $0.00 when scanned (this tells the system an empty got turned in by a guest) and then the service desk tm scans a new bottle for the guest and it comes up $14.99. These two steps must occur in the same transaction to properly exchange any size Sodastream brand canister for our standard size.

Once the box is full of empties, it gets closed with the opposite flap on the outside of the box so UPS can pick it up and ship it back to Sodastream. This way, the guest doesn't pay $29.99 every time they need more CO2. And we get more exchange bottles in return.

Nobody said they were free...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back