Archived Any tips for AAR(Accessory Attach Rate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys and Gals,

Does anyone have any tips on how to sell tons and tons of accessory's to make our score better(percentage wise)?

Just make sure your electronics tms are selling them? Have a way to record the accessories they sell and set up prizes for getting a certain amount in a day... There really aren't any special tricks to the score except for making sure that all cashiers know to ring up the big item first and then the accessories after or it won't count towards the score!

First of all yes, that is i correct information about the big item then the accessory.

As far as getting your scores up, I would in the beginning suggest a contest to get the awareness out there, not just electronics but store wide. Talk it up at huddles, as well as one on one to each other. The contests that i had, had the most success with is keeping a log or a bingo card of the amount someone gets. At the end of the week who ever has the most gets a free lunch at target cafe or a free drink and snack if its a starbucks. Then at the end of the month have the reward be a little bit more substanical, such as a dvd or cd of there choice. After the culture has been changed and people are asking I would not have the contest. I am a firm believer in contests once in awhile is great, but a contest every week or month is just rewarding people for doing their job. If you have any questions feel free to ask, I feel like I have so much Target knowledge in my head, its going to explode at times, lol.

Yes, we do a contest aswell.

I was thinking more like single person like sales pitches, and things of that nature.

First of all, they need to fire the programmer that designed the register to work that way. There is no reason why people need to know how to fudge the system to make it work right.

Secondly, I have always felt that getting a decent attachment rate started with treating your guest with respect - sell them stuff that makes sense and tell them why they'll need it. It's a lot easier to sell what they need when the guest hears a legitimate need for it. Money is always tight for people so they will definitely be receptive to this.

For example, I always seem to have more success telling people not to waste their money on something (like the Wii sports attachment things), and instead suggest just getting a second controller because 1) the attachments do nothing and 2) a lot of the games are multi-player.

knowledge is key, as well as positive attitude. Zone says it best, respect the guest and gauge on what they're looking for.

knowledge is key, as well as positive attitude. Zone says it best, respect the guest and gauge on what they're looking for.
Plus communication to salesfloor folks outside of electionics & frontend are keys too.
It's a team effort. More sales, more hours.

It is good to be knowledgeable about all the Electronics items because when suggest attachments, they'll be more likely to buy from someone who sounds confident and very knowing about the items, rather than someone who is simply throwing sales pitches to add extra junk to their cart.

Being friendly and learning what they'll be using the item for, helps you make sure you're pushing the correct attachments on them. Especially knowing the cheap and on-sale attachments for the frugal buyer (since money is tight nowadays).

......making sure that all cashiers know to ring up the big item first and then the accessories after or it won't count towards the score!

This could be a huge driver in AAR..... My ETL said it's incorrect. My STL said it's incorrect. It makes 0 sense. An attachment is triggered on the sale NOT on the order of the ring. I'm Mysupporting it tomorrow and asking my DTL on Thursday. I must say, I'd put alot of money on the fact that it makes no difference in the order that the items are rung. If it were this simple there would be communication flying around and that is not the case. I'm calling BS, but what do I know!!

This could be a huge driver in AAR..... My ETL said it's incorrect. My STL said it's incorrect. It makes 0 sense. An attachment is triggered on the sale NOT on the order of the ring. I'm Mysupporting it tomorrow and asking my DTL on Thursday. I must say, I'd put alot of money on the fact that it makes no difference in the order that the items are rung. If it were this simple there would be communication flying around and that is not the case. I'm calling BS, but what do I know!!

This was actually addressed in the Electronics Champion Weekly Update or whatever the hell its called. There was a whole section on rumors about accessory attachment and this was one of them. It doesn't matter how you ring them, they still count as long as they're in the same transaction.

this was actually addressed in the electronics champion weekly update or whatever the hell its called. There was a whole section on rumors about accessory attachment and this was one of them. It doesn't matter how you ring them, they still count as long as they're in the same transaction.

gtc nls!

Somebody needs to tell my STL this cuz she swears up and down it won't count unless the big item is rung first lol.

The best way I sell attachments is easy. Ask them questions. Find out who they're buying it for. "Do you have kids? How many? Oh you have 3 kids? Well you will NEED 2 extra controllers so that they can play too! Nobody likes to play this game alone."

Any information you can get from the guest can help you to sell them the right attachments. Saying "need" over "want" makes a difference.

And yes being knowledgeable about what your selling helps alot. Especially when it comes to cameras. You should always have an opinion toward something because the guests will ask you which camera you like better and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back