Archived Anyone else get paranoid that your store's STL or ETL's are on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if you were slamming your store, coworkers, leadership, etc & they were able to figure out WHO it was coming from.
My store would pull trash-talking TMs aside for 'demoralizing behavior' as a warning shot across the bow.

I forget where I heard it, but I heard a really interesting thought one time about how much wiggle room is intentionally built in to life. Like...everyone goes a few mph over the speed limit and it's fine. Everyone knows that people trash-talk when it comes to work and we all do our best to make sure that leaders don't hear, but often times it's actually beneficial in the long run because it relieves pressure- and apparently good leaders understand this. Doing something that "isn't allowed" even though it's totally allowed makes it so that most people don't feel a strong desire to do something that's REALLY bad.

Complain about your boss and off steam vs. breaking merchandise, yelling at coworkers, etc.

((true, people need to practice self-control, be mature, etc but everyone gets stressed by work, and complaining about common suffering can bring people together and relieve personal/internal pressure/stress. It can absolutely make things worse depending on the exact content of the discussions, but oftentimes it's beneficial))

I forget where I heard it, but I heard a really interesting thought one time about how much wiggle room is intentionally built in to life. Like...everyone goes a few mph over the speed limit and it's fine. Everyone knows that people trash-talk when it comes to work and we all do our best to make sure that leaders don't hear, but often times it's actually beneficial in the long run because it relieves pressure- and apparently good leaders understand this. Doing something that "isn't allowed" even though it's totally allowed makes it so that most people don't feel a strong desire to do something that's REALLY bad.

Complain about your boss and off steam vs. breaking merchandise, yelling at coworkers, etc.

((true, people need to practice self-control, be mature, etc but everyone gets stressed by work, and complaining about common suffering can bring people together and relieve personal/internal pressure/stress. It can absolutely make things worse depending on the exact content of the discussions, but oftentimes it's beneficial))

--edit-- to make it tl;dr lol: you're basically doing exactly what's expected of you when you break the rules. It's like most rules are put in place with the idea that people will always skirt it just a smidge, so the rule-makers plan accordingly (whether it be traffic laws, bosses, whatever)

You could probably fight it if you were found out and trash talking since it only says in the handbook to not talk about work on social media lol don't think this would be under that classification since they mean facebook, twitter etc

You could probably fight it if you were found out and trash talking since it only says in the handbook to not talk about work on social media lol don't think this would be under that classification since they mean facebook, twitter etc
This is social media.........

As I've said in so many other threads concerning this issue, the chances that your boss is going to be cruising the site and recognize you (as long as you don't have your store number or IRL name out for all to see) is pretty slim.
There is a better chance of one of your coworkers recognizing you (and possibly letting slip your nick).
The thing is most of what is said here isn't really anything Spot can fire you for as long as you aren't publishing private company documents (we wouldn't let you do that anyway) or putting out company information that isn't already public (that's a tricky one).
In fact the company does use us as a backdoor for checking on how stuff is working (check out the MyDevice thread and they have been stealing @Rock Lobster ideas for years.
What they might do is performance you out if they notice too much, lets say, hostility in your posts.
They might see that as a way of removing someone who could be a future problem even if you aren't right now.
Also g-d forbid if you mention unions.

If you say anything that could get you termed you should say it on that other website.

I'm sure people from my store must read stuff here, but I'm really not too worried about being found out. I've never hear anyone bring it up except for once a few years ago, and it was only briefly. The thought of being found out does scare me...but I don't think it's going to happen. And if it does, deny, deny, deny. Lol.

This is probably the most private I get online....and even here, I've still shared a shit ton of personal, identifying information. No one could make the connection unless they also knew me personally.

I am sure ETLs know about this and I am sure we are monitored by corp, but as long as you are not leaking company information you should be fine. You are on YOUR time on here (unless you are looking on here during break :p) so they really cant do anything!

If my STL/ETLs were on here, they would probably have a better grasp on some of the issues around my store and how to effectively handle them. So no, I don't think they're on here...nor would it stop me from posting. This is where I get a lot of my info, since management at my store doesn't feel the need to keep TMs informed.

Sometimes when I find something out at work....that I already knew about because of this site...I pretend I'm finding out for the first time. "Oh really? When did that happen?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back