Anyone else hate finding items with rippedoff/missing price tags/barcodes?

Tags go missing in Style constantly. Thankfully most (but not all) of our stuff has the DPCI on a small tag inside the garment.

I hear tell there are blank tags available through the company, but my store doesn't have any. I also seem to be the only one who knows how to use a tag attachment gun. 🙄

I just live it when I find in my area. I give it right back to salesfloor. If it's not on the manufacturer tags. They are getting it back so they can defect it out or get the info for me so I can help to defect it.

Sure, but if it's from my area, I can almost always find it pretty easily to provide numbers or make a new tag.
What I hate more is finding empty packages or tags that have been ripped off. This time of year, seems to happen more frequently. Find things a few times a week some weeks, hidden behind product. Probably get into the empty packages app about half my shifts.

Tags go missing in Style constantly. Thankfully most (but not all) of our stuff has the DPCI on a small tag inside the garment.

I hear tell there are blank tags available through the company, but my store doesn't have any. I also seem to be the only one who knows how to use a tag attachment gun. 🙄

Yeah! We used to have to make new tags for stuff at GS and attach an RFID sticker. That all stopped with covid, but now that we have more rfid guns, GS hasn't started doing it again and I don't think style has ever done it. I think they are the ones who should.

Hate it when “guests”/thieves hide soft lines tags, because those hidden tags negatively impact the accuracy of the RFID scans. They scan whether they are attached to the clothing or not, so all those stolen items still show up as on hands, potential INFs just waiting to happen…😡

Meh after a decade or two you get numb to it. I get more annoyed by people sorting reshop wrong. They have a device thst literally tells them what box! They are lettered ffs! Gah! Stop giving me bullsey crap! *cue endless madwitch ranting*

Yeah! We used to have to make new tags for stuff at GS and attach an RFID sticker. That all stopped with covid, but now that we have more rfid guns, GS hasn't started doing it again and I don't think style has ever done it. I think they are the ones who should.
I think if someone returns something with the tag but it's not attached, GS should reattach it. But they can't keep a working attachment gun there to save their lives. I'd be fine with making up new tags at the fitting room, the problem is I'd be the only one from Style doing it, lol.

Last edited:
My favorite is finding a cache of bullseye somewhere with all the tags removed and knowing someone got a bunch of stuff on the cheap.

See also, people who take expensive pillows and swap them with the cheap pillow packaging and get a $30 Casaluna pillow for $4.

Back