Archived Anyone else hate their job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is that different from a CA???

What do they do that a CA doesn't?

They are the ones who actually do the trash and clean/stock the restrooms. CAs at my store only do BA work if the BA called out for the day, or had to leave early, or is on lunch.

Or in my case, the BA doesn't even exist at my store as of right now and the CAs and GSA's are doing the janitor work.

Dear Kartman, have you ever worked at a job that you didn't like as well as Target? I like working there very much, but I have worked a job that I loved. Had to leave because my husband was transferred. I am just curious . I am glad for you that this is the perfect fit for you. I will tell you the company that I loved working for was State Farm Insurance. It did feel more like a family. This was in the 80s and 90s.
I respect my co-workers and enjoy working with them .
I don't consider them my friends. I am a loner and at the ripe old age of 55 I have had enough good and bad experiences with people to be content to just have acquaintances.
I do , however, have empathy for other people and I try to see things from their point if view. It makes life easier and more enjoyable .
I dont recall you sharing much of a personal nature on this site. I find your reticence intriguing. And I wish you a very good day my fine fellow. :):):)

Last edited:
Check out his selfies; his tats alone are an interesting narrative :cool:

How is that different from a CA???

What do they do that a CA doesn't?

Brand attendants pretty much only exist in high-risk stores. In those stores, if a brand attendant is present, the cart attendant focuses solely on carts.

What does the store's high risk status has to do with any of it?

I honestly hate being a cashier. The people that work at my store are mostly nice, and Target treats us well, I get paid a good amount, and there are a lot of great benefits. But 8 hour shifts make me want to die. I physically can not stand for 8 hour straight. Even for 6 hours. even for ONE HOUR. standing is so hard. I don't get why we can't sit while we ring people up. Other countries do that. Maybe if donald trump becomes president he'll let us sit on stools? I hope so!

Anyways, I have an 8 hour shift tomorrow and I literally have zero motivation. I'm seriously about to cry. I hate being a cashier so much. It is so painful. My lower back hurts so bad and my shoulders have a rough pinch in a certain muscle. I need to go to a chiropractor... or maybe get a desk job.

Try working in construction or landscaping in the extreme heat or extreme cold, or try working an 8 hour shift in Pfresh or logistics which is more physical work.

I honestly hate being a cashier. The people that work at my store are mostly nice, and Target treats us well, I get paid a good amount, and there are a lot of great benefits. But 8 hour shifts make me want to die. I physically can not stand for 8 hour straight. Even for 6 hours. even for ONE HOUR. standing is so hard. I don't get why we can't sit while we ring people up. Other countries do that. Maybe if donald trump becomes president he'll let us sit on stools? I hope so!

Anyways, I have an 8 hour shift tomorrow and I literally have zero motivation. I'm seriously about to cry. I hate being a cashier so much. It is so painful. My lower back hurts so bad and my shoulders have a rough pinch in a certain muscle. I need to go to a chiropractor... or maybe get a desk job.

If you're having problems with your body that are caused by standing for long periods of time, a desk job might not be the best solution either. What you need is a good mix of sitting and walking around.

Get yourself a good pair of insoles. If you treat your feet well, it may help your back too.

If you're having problems with your body that are caused by standing for long periods of time, a desk job might not be the best solution either. What you need is a good mix of sitting and walking around.

Get yourself a good pair of insoles. If you treat your feet well, it may help your back too.

thank you for the advice. that really helps

Something to help a little:
When you finish ringing up the guests & while they're swiping their card, walk around & put their bags in the cart.
This does four things:
-It allows you to see underneath the cart for missed items (bottles of Tide & Coke boxes are nearly the same color as the cart) & under the kiddie seat as well.
-It gives you a few steps to move after being stuck in one position so you can flex your knees, etc.
-It eliminates paid & left merchandise.
-It gives the guest a final touch of good service.

How did you come up with this cruel and nonsensical piece of advice?
I will pray for you and those you come in contact with you.

The poster said he couldn't even stand for an hour. It's either lose weight, increase strength, or see a doctor.

Word.

plz don't delete my post 'cuz it was only one word...

Last edited:
I'm PA at my store and I actually enjoy my job a lot, but I hate the people I work with. I come in the night they work or the day after and question what exactly they are doing because it doesn't have anything to do with Market, how do you forget to do Bananas?!?! for example.. I complain to leadership constantly about it, but its market so no one really cares until DTL comes in for a visit. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back